Finding Gas Stations that sell Diesel

HoffTDI

TDI
2002 Jetta
Just a general question. I have ordered a 2002 Jetta GLS TDI. I am still wating for it to come in. There aren't many gas stations around me that sell diesel. I was just wondering, when you guys go on trips, do you ever have trouble finding gas stations that sell diesel?? My only concern is that I will travel somewhere and not be able to find a station that sells diesel. I live in Allentown, PA, does anyone know any gas stations that sell good diesel fuel??

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Hoff,

Look around you. I'm not slamming you, just humor me. See all those trucks? They rely on a readily accessible supply of... DIESEL as they cruise the interstates in any given direction. I don't know if this is true nationwide, but in the NE you can tell if a gas station offers diesel by the 'D' in the middle of the gas pump icon on those blue signs that tell you what services are available at a given exit.

Diesel is everywhere. I've NEVER had to look for it. You have approximately 60 miles left in the tank when your reserve light goes on. No worries.

Beowulf

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta, 1998, Green
As BeetleGo, if you're just looking for a place that sells diesel, you're almost certainly going to find it as there are stations everywhere (especially near interstates or main US highways).

Some TDI members have made contributions of places they've found that sell Premium diesel. If that's what you're interested in, check the URL in my sig.

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
From experience, I find that if I come to an intersection with 4 gas stations, usually 1 has diesel fuel. You either need to check the signs or look closely at the pumps.

I've never had a problem cross country finding diesel. Over time I know where the stations are around here I want to use and I make plans to be in the vicinity of a favorite station during the week that I go below a quarter tank. Having the extended range (700 miles/tank) provides great flexibility.

HoffTDI

TDI
2002 Jetta
Haha! Thanks BeetleGo. I get your point. Thanks for the tip about the D in the middle of the gas pump icon, I never knew that and I am sure it will come in handy.