www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old May 26th, 2017, 07:44   #61
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1174 View Post
Looks like mine is arriving today according to the USPS informed delivery email I just got. They're being mailed from Portland Oregon. I just hope it makes it to my mailbox since it's got the words "additional cash payment" printed on it. Something a little more discreet would have been nice..
Sounds like what the mail thieves have been waiting for. I just hope we don't toss it in the shredder with all the credit card and personal loan crap.
Old May 26th, 2017, 08:36   #62
kc1174

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjclow View Post
Sounds like what the mail thieves have been waiting for. I just hope we don't toss it in the shredder with all the credit card and personal loan crap.
Yep! It's just one of those small cards with the perforated strip like banks used to use to send PIN numbers to us.. I'd post a pic, but I guess my account isn't old enough to do that yet. The postmark shows 5/23 so 3 days to Charlotte from Oregon isn't bad. Hopefully those of us who already did the settlement get it soon. I think it should be $200 since mine was a leased A3. Might take the mrs out to Beef N Bottle on Bosch's dime lol
kc1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 08:41   #63
kjclow
Veteran Member

The first check coming should be for the wife's golf, so maybe she'll take me out. We're thinking of the Pump House tonight.
Old May 26th, 2017, 08:49   #64
kc1174

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjclow View Post
The first check coming should be for the wife's golf, so maybe she'll take me out. We're thinking of the Pump House tonight.
I've heard good things about that place but despite living in Ballantyne I haven't been yet. Hopefully that works out!
kc1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 06:11   #65
McCarthy

Haven't gotten any check yet? How about you guys?
Old May 30th, 2017, 07:51   #66
kjclow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1174 View Post
I've heard good things about that place but despite living in Ballantyne I haven't been yet. Hopefully that works out!
No check but after riding 13 miles, the food was pretty good. It's a little expensive for the location but love the scenery.
Old May 30th, 2017, 08:44   #67
TDILeo
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 33 in town/54 road trip

Well, I live in Portland OR and the only notification of payment from Bosch arrived by email about 2 weeks ago. I have not received a letter or postcard via snail mail. Personally, I wouldn't expect the 350 USD to arrive for at least a few more weeks.
TDILeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 17:10   #68
McCarthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDILeo View Post
Well, I live in Portland OR and the only notification of payment from Bosch arrived by email about 2 weeks ago. I have not received a letter or postcard via snail mail. Personally, I wouldn't expect the 350 USD to arrive for at least a few more weeks.
What "notification of payment"? I didn't get anything. Is that an email?
Old September 30th, 2017, 12:07   #69
pkhoury
That guy with the goats

Fuel Economy: CR - 36-41, PD - 39-48 (26-32 while towing)

Anyone get a check yet? I was shocked to get my $350 check in the mail two days ago. And even more shocked when it initially wasn't approved:
"
  • D061 : Proof of Acquisition Document Not Provided
    "The document you submitted is not a valid Proof of Acquisition. Acceptable documents include: Sales Contract, Purchase Order, Handwritten/Typed Sale Document. Please upload a legible, complete copy of the Proof of Acquisition (including VIN, date of aquisition, claimant's name and signatures) supporting the sale of your Eligible Vehicle.
    Please note that your Bosch Settlement claim will not be re-processed until such time as a legible and complete copy of the Proof of Acquisition of your Eligible Vehicle has been uploaded to your account.
    Should you have any questions regarding your Bosch claim, please call the Claims Administrator toll-free at 1-844-305-1928."
"

Yet, it apparently got approved and I got an email today saying a check will be mailed out no latter than 10 business days today (yet I already got one two days ago). Maybe someone manually looked at my claim and saw that I submitted my payment history to VW credit. I used to have my sales contract and have no clue where I filed it, so I couldn't scan and submit it.
2010 Jetta Sportwagen - Malone DSG tune, Malone Stage 3.5, CR170, buzzken 3" straight pipe(resonator deleted), PolarFIS, Panzer plate, front and rear fogs, Bosal towhitch, Bilstein B8/Neuspeed 28mm swaybar, 2micron CP3 upgrade kit
2004 Golf GLS 5MT -
Malone Stage 4, VNT17, DC Stage 2 clutch, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, MFA cluster swap, dieselgeek Panzer plate and short shifter, Bosal towbar, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Hopkins short-proof trailer light converter, darkside SMIC, intake manifold, and tip pipe, PD150 airbox
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS (mom's car) - Malone Stage 4, VNT17, MFA cluster swap, Panzer Plate, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, darkside SMIC
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI (mom's car) - stock for now...

Other diesels:
Ford 5900 tractor
Ford 3400 Industrial tractor
2016 Mahindra XTV (1L Kohler diesel)
pkhoury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 15:28   #70
DanB36
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkhoury View Post
Anyone get a check yet?
Yes, five of them. There's a whole thread about it.

"DanB36 seems to be always on point." - CT_White_SRT
Sold: 2000 Jetta GLS TDI, Atlantic Blue, 270k miles
Sold to Dieselgate: 2 x 2013 JSW DSG, 1 x 2013 Jetta Sedan DSG
DanB36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2017, 00:32   #71
pkhoury
That guy with the goats

Fuel Economy: CR - 36-41, PD - 39-48 (26-32 while towing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB36 View Post
Yes, five of them. There's a whole thread about it.
For 5 vehicles, or 5 checks for the same vehicle?
2010 Jetta Sportwagen - Malone DSG tune, Malone Stage 3.5, CR170, buzzken 3" straight pipe(resonator deleted), PolarFIS, Panzer plate, front and rear fogs, Bosal towhitch, Bilstein B8/Neuspeed 28mm swaybar, 2micron CP3 upgrade kit
2004 Golf GLS 5MT -
Malone Stage 4, VNT17, DC Stage 2 clutch, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, MFA cluster swap, dieselgeek Panzer plate and short shifter, Bosal towbar, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Hopkins short-proof trailer light converter, darkside SMIC, intake manifold, and tip pipe, PD150 airbox
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS (mom's car) - Malone Stage 4, VNT17, MFA cluster swap, Panzer Plate, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, darkside SMIC
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI (mom's car) - stock for now...

Other diesels:
Ford 5900 tractor
Ford 3400 Industrial tractor
2016 Mahindra XTV (1L Kohler diesel)
pkhoury is offline   Reply With Quote