New Dieselgate Forum

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
What does the EPA have to do with this, are you serious, they are the one's that decide what the requirements are and who to pick on. They are under the direction of Obama to get rid of anything to do with coal or oil and it been well known he will use the EPA Mafia to do this. I'm all for clean air and water but they will just keep putting the screws a little tighter and tighter for no real gain.

CAFE will be pushing MPG to the sky by 2025

Then it will be a cage match between EPA-CARB and CAFE

cool issue is my 2015 TDI Golf DSG will meet the 2025 standards for CAFE

With my cheat kit, best I ever did was 60.1 MPG:D

vwnewbies

TDI
2016 Touareg Lux
I haven't made many posts so forgive me if I'm posting in wrong place. Got a call from the dealer I bought my 2016 Touareg from today telling me I had until the 15th to register my vehicle for buyback on the vwcourtsettlement.com website. I didn't think any settlement had been reached on the 3 liter engines but went ahead and tried to enter my VIN and was told that my vehicle isn't included in the current settlement. Anyone know if there's anything I should be doing right now to be included in a buyback if there is one?

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Other than smacking some sense into that dealer, no. And as I understand it, VW and Audi are still committed to a fix for the 3.0s.

Last edited:

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
I haven't made many posts so forgive me if I'm posting in wrong place. Got a call from the dealer I bought my 2016 Touareg from today telling me I had until the 15th to register my vehicle for buyback on the vwcourtsettlement.com website. I didn't think any settlement had been reached on the 3 liter engines but went ahead and tried to enter my VIN and was told that my vehicle isn't included in the current settlement. Anyone know if there's anything I should be doing right now to be included in a buyback if there is one?
I recently bought a 2016 Audi w/3.0L TDI. Out of curiosity I keyed the VIN into the website as you did. I received the same message.

I guess it's too early to give it any thought.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
keeping a close on the 3.0 situation, as a 13 or 14 Q7 currently tops our wishlist. shame they don't offer a diesel A4 wagon.
"what to doooo - i really don't know" once sang Sir Mick

john-dude

TDI
2013 Golf
We have about 8 months left on our lease as well!

I have 8 months left on my lease. I believe you get the lessee money no matter what, but I am sick of reading documents.
After the latest news story that Bosch/VW knew planned this out together with the CEO, in email a decade ago, I could see them delay the settlement longer (so we have to keep making payments).
Complete garbage.
Our lease is up next July. I am not clear on the option to buy, since the value has gone way down. We will also be over miles at the end, thoughts??:confused:

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I'm guessing that with diesel gate, VW won't offer the lease buyout option. That would be one more car off the road without having to fix it.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm guessing that with diesel gate, VW won't offer the lease buyout option. That would be one more car off the road without having to fix it.
I've never leased a car so don't know the answer to my question.

Don't lease holders have a contract signed by both parties - lessor and lessee - agreeing to a end of lease purchase at the lease holder's discretion?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
IIRC, part of the buyback states that you can cancel the lease and walk away. My assumption is that clause goes both ways. VW will try to kill all the leases on the effected cars.

I've never leased a car either. Up until we bought the wife's Golf, we've always put too many miles on. She's averaging just over 10k miles a year but then the car is also paid for.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
The original end of purchase terms specified in a standard lease agreement with a car that has been unexpectedly devalued may make a purchase by the lessee undesirable anyway.

Castle88

TDI
Jetta, 14' S TDI, 17' S TSI
You're not required to spend time, money, or energy. You don't have to do a single thing. VW has already given you two free prepaid credit cards and will give you at least $5100 and let you keep your car.
All this because your car allegedly doesn't meet the standards of the corrupt and power hungry EPA.
The attorney general's office will snicker before throwing your letter in a trash can.
Indeed. It is very hard to to sit in traffic, behind an older car/truck/bus that is authorized to fumigate the surroundings with assorted pollution, while I sit in a TDI that produces a small fraction of such.
Those so vehement to point out VW's illegal actions with the TDI seem to overlook the damage other air polluting devices produce.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
Indeed. It is very hard to to sit in traffic, behind an older car/truck/bus that is authorized to fumigate the surroundings with assorted pollution, while I sit in a TDI that produces a small fraction of such.
Those so vehement to point out VW's illegal actions with the TDI seem to overlook the damage other air polluting devices produce.
True. Or trains, ships, stationary power plants, home heating systems, etc.