Q5 TDI 15k service

ncsuengineer1

TDI
2012 JSW TDI 6M
I did the 15k service on the Q5 this past weekend. Oil change, fuel filter, cabin filter, rotate tires, etc. Everything under the hood looked great. I removed all of the "skid" plates to look hard for leaks - not one.
The fuel filter was a bit of an inconvenience - even with the car on a lift. Diesel has the potential to spill & that panel on the bottom has what seems like glass fibers in it (itchy). I also purged it with VCDS. I would take a CR 2.0 fuel filter change any day...
I decided to take a large pipe cutter on the fuel filter to see how it was made. I guess I was somewhat surprised when I saw all the debris in the inlet side of the filter. I am not sure if that came from my driving (7K) or the previous owner in DC (8k). There are only 3 main gas stations in my town that sell diesel & gas. The rest are gas only. The one I frequent most is Speedway & Kangaroo. Hopefully the filter is doing its job adequately.
Also had her cleaned up. Yes, that sparkle is real... I walked outside and had to put on sunglasses because of the reflection. The Lava Grey pearl effect is a really cool paint if you have not seen it in person.

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
I was speechless when I saw the canister. I wondered if maybe they forgot that the thing needed a fuel filter and just added it inline after the fact. Whoops! Thanks for doing the work to cut it open for a show-and-tell!

That is possibly the shiniest car I've ever seen posted on TDIClub.