FOB programming problem

Tee Dee Eye

Veteran Member
TDI
05 jetta 01 golf
2001 golf, I bought the car with only one key and the FOB had seen water, purchased a second from VW and they were suppose to program it. Imobilizer works for both keys and they start the car, but remote functions don't.

I changed the battery in the old FOB and using the door lock programming got it working, but it seems flaky and the car gets a mind of it's own locking it's self seconds after unlocking with the FOB, sometimes setting off the anti theft system. The new FOB from VW does not seem to do anything, I have tried programming it in the way the VW user manual explains by pushing or holding the unlock while unlocking the door, also tried the reset in the ignition... I have tried programming it with Vagcom, nothing.

One strange thing is when I try to enter 2 keys in the data field and TEST it is fine then SAVE, all looks good, but it does not take the change and the dongle starts to flash red/orange...

Any thoughts?

wolfsburg_de

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor , w/Business number
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
Tee Dee Eye said:
2001 golf, I bought the car with only one key and the FOB had seen water, purchased a second from VW and they were suppose to program it. Imobilizer works for both keys and they start the car, but remote functions don't.
Why didn't they program the remote? Did you pay them for that service?

Tee Dee Eye

Veteran Member
TDI
05 jetta 01 golf
They did not program it, but service I belive was paid for... Key was programed, but remote was not.

Now I am thinking there may be a problem with either the switch in the drivers door, or the key sensor in the door? VW want's more $$$ to investigate, so guess I will be looking into it myself.