2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4X4 6-Speed Manual Diesel

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
I have a chance to acquire a 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4X4 6-Speed Manual with a Nissan In-Line Six Diesel with 15K miles on it. The previous owner imported this to the US from Austrailia and had to pay over $100K to get it to meet USEPA and USDOT specifications. This previous owner took out a huge bank loan for this vehicle and defaulted shortly thereafter. The bank had no choice but to run it through an auction and they took a beating worse than you would beat your step child:D. Anywho, a wholesaler friend of mine bought it and it actually has a Colorado title and is also registered. This unit has dual sunroofs and he claims it will get 35 mpg on the highway. No previous paint or body work (never wacked). The radio will need to be changed due to the different frequency type radios in Aussie. In order to make my normal profit margin along with transporting it to CA and performing a service and maintenance regiment on it I will need to get somewhere around $34K-$35K. I will be getting some pictures emailed to me soon and I will post them here. I think the colour is some sort of off green but, does it really matter? Later!

Harvieux

TDI
Shastapk said:
I assume it has right hand drive- right? Or maybe for that price (100k) it was changed to the left. Thanks.
You know, it's very possible. I don't know all the details as of yet but, I will submit them as I get the info. You would think that for the amount of money spent to get it to comply would also include some gold plated calipers and such, eh? Later!

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Up^^^^^^^^ for a totally unique opportunity that involves a diesel engine!

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
**looks in wallet**

:( Dang it. Move that decimal to the left, one place and I'm all over it.

akmaxx

Thank you for the effort in expanding the variety of available diesels

I just got back from Thailand where every imaginable variation of diesel truck, car, and whatever was available. I could sell thousands of the diesel 4-door, 4x4, Toyota Hi-lux's in Alaska if the EPA wasn't so damn stupid.....

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
What price uniqueness

Yeah, tell me the soccer mommies aren't gonna be jealous when you report in with 24MPGs :) and they're knocking down half that.

4200CC Diesel, Auto Transmission, Air conditioning, CD changer, rear door tire with hard cover, rear spoiler, roof rails, front bumper protector, front spoiler

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
I know someone who may be interested. Is there any record of what exactly was done for this 100k? Need more details, but it look very very interesting.

Harvieux

TDI
no-blue-screen said:
I know someone who may be interested. Is there any record of what exactly was done for this 100k? Need more details, but it look very very interesting.
I will be obtaining all the pertinent information soon and I will post here asap. Later!

Harvieux

TDI
Damn, My buyer listed this vehicle on eBay a couple months ago and had a winner at something like $33K and change and the guy strung him along for a long time. My buyer uses a licensed dealer to sell some cars through and was warned that there better not be any negative eBay feedback ratings so, he went along with the stringer and just today this stringer came through with the funds so, I lost the chance to get her. Thanks to all for your interest and I'm terribly sorry for this but, sh!t happens. Later!

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
Bummer Harv, my folks were seriously interested too :( Hopefully your friend charged "buddy" some interest for the hassle