Found my replacement.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
I was going to keep my A3 for at least another 18 months, but its making sense for me to sell it earlier. I'm breaking ground on a house right after winter and a larger vehicle would come in handy and also the money they're throwing at me is enticing.

Picked up something that I've wanted for a while... A lifted 4x4, in this case a 4Runner. I've owned a few different Lexus in the past so the reliability of Toyota is pulling me back. I'm going to keep the A3 for most of the winter still as I'm doing a few road trips to FL, but some time after that it'll be going away. I'm going to miss the A3, such a great little car.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Yup. I'm leaning towards a Toyota at the moment. I've been thinking new, but I'd rather try and save some money and go used. Going the Toyota route would at least ensure that I could get a couple years out of it before having to throw parts at it.

I liked my Land Cruiser (mine was an 80 series). I'd like a newer Totota though. I'm thinking about a Tundra. The one I drove...interior size wise...reminded me of my LC, so we'll see.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I was going to keep my A3 for at least another 18 months, but its making sense for me to sell it earlier. I'm breaking ground on a house right after winter and a larger vehicle would come in handy and also the money they're throwing at me is enticing.

Picked up something that I've wanted for a while... A lifted 4x4, in this case a 4Runner. I've owned a few different Lexus in the past so the reliability of Toyota is pulling me back. I'm going to keep the A3 for most of the winter still as I'm doing a few road trips to FL, but some time after that it'll be going away. I'm going to miss the A3, such a great little car.

Has that truck been in an accident? I can't help but notice the gray trim on the front fender and door looks newer than the rear door and wheel arch. Maybe it's the light.

iadubber

Veteran Member
TDI
JSW
Nice pick up! I've wanted a Runner for quite some time now. Every used one around here has 250,000+ miles or is rusted out.

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
Very nice man. I have a few friends that are big into 4runners and Land Cruisers and I've always liked them. I'll be building a Jeep soon

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
Thanks... I did some homework and went with a 2003+ V6 model since thats when they switched over to a timing chain vs belt... the V8 models strangely use belts.

The owner before me is a big Yota truck enthusiast and did a bunch preventative maintenance on the truck since he took it offroad a little and didn't want to break down.. so new radiators, alternator , starter, steering pump, AC compressor and condenser, brakes, Goodyear MTR tires and truck is fully armored underneath. I'm definitely looking forward to taking it offroad... meanwhile I've been finding a few construction sites :)

RoundHouse

Veteran Member
Yup. I'm leaning towards a Toyota at the moment. I've been thinking new, but I'd rather try and save some money and go used. Going the Toyota route would at least ensure that I could get a couple years out of it before having to throw parts at it.

I liked my Land Cruiser (mine was an 80 series). I'd like a newer Totota though. I'm thinking about a Tundra. The one I drove...interior size wise...reminded me of my LC, so we'll see.

I drove a tundra crewmax for a couple years provided by the company I worked for

I loved it .
Large and comfy , back seat has more legroom than the front seat ,
plenty of power with the 400 HP 5.7 and got decent mileage 16 city and 19 highway

I've also owned two 4 runners. A 95 and a 96. The 96 had 100k on it when we bought it (I never ever buy brand new ) over 300k on it when we sold it , with zero repairs, just consumables like brakes etc. think I replaced the starter and I upgraded the front calipers and rotors to first gen tundra, which is a bolt on swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

langer

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 a3 & '07 gasser gti
Nice! Wife and I will be getting a new 4runner limited once we have our buyback date for the a3. I have a 2007 gti, so that's my daily and the wife has a government car. So the runner will not be driven too much, except for family trips to the beach during the summer.