Jetta TDI with AD Blue?????

considering a tdi

TDI
Jetta sportwagon ASAP
I'm running a 12 jetta tdi sport wagon with 6speed trans. Love the car and best mpg hand calculated was 47.8 :) on a day trip from NY to WV.
I'm considering going to a passat with a 6spd trans. I'm considering the passat because of the added interior room. I'm not too sure of the Ad Blue feature on the passat though. I was also curious if anyone knows if Ad Blue will be installed on the jetta, jetta sport wagon or the golf too in the near future.
Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

banshee365

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
I doubt anything will change on the smaller cars until the new engine deputs in them. If the main reason for not having AdBlue in the smaller vehicles is based on weight then I wouldn't think it will be showing up anytime soon but who knows.

We own a '13 Passat TDI and the AdBlue is a non issue to me. It should last around 15,000 miles and is very cheap to refill. The only things that concern me are common between all the VW TDI's, like regeneration and the DPF. With the turbo failures growing on the Passat we do not shut down the car while it's regening. If we park and hear the fans running with the elevated idle we'll drive go drive around for a little while until it stops to allow the EGT's and turbo to cool back down before shutting down the oil supply.

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Adblue is really a complete non issue unless you have some dealer monkey spill it all over your trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk