BHW tdi shakes really bad

Bogdan9652

TDI
84 Rabbit, 97 Passat, 02 Golf
When i was driving home yesterday my 05 passat tdi started shaking very bad even when i stopped and put it it park it would still shake. when i restarted the car it went away and i drove it around today and it drove fine.

peiphil

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat GLS TDI and big old Dodge Cummins TDI
When i was driving home yesterday my 05 passat tdi started shaking very bad even when i stopped and put it it park it would still shake. when i restarted the car it went away and i drove it around today and it drove fine.
did you put any alcohol in the tank the day before?:D

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
If it didn't set a check engine light, and it's running fine now, then I would suspect water in fuel.

RichJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI-PD 5spd
I had the same problem. One cylinder stops firing until you shut it off and on. It was a problem with the fuel injector harness in the head. I think it had a code stored but no check engine. I pulled the connectors and bent the injector side very slightly in the shape of a v and put them back on and never had trouble again. A new harness would be the best solution and can be bought on its own.

Richard

Bogdan9652

TDI
84 Rabbit, 97 Passat, 02 Golf
you think it would be fine to keep driving it for now because i haven't had the problem since yesterday and it has been driven for about 2 hours today