Thanks for the help! Bought a JSW

captaintofuburger

TDI
03 Golf TDI | 2014 JSW
Thank you for all the help you guys, I went up yesterday to take ownership of a new to me JSW. I was originally looking to buy a 2012 base model. Test drove the car, and wasn't super thrilled about it. The car just felt sloppy, especially the brakes had a lot of play on the pedal, more so than I thought it should. Went out during a rain storm and I'm glad I did. Car was fitted with some hankooks that sucked super bad. Took like no effort to set the traction control off driving on wet pavement.

I then test drove a 2014 with 5k more miles on it. This one has the nav and sunroof. I thought the car felt much nicer, and the tires were a lot better, continental somethings.

The 2012 was listed online for $15.5k (I found out at the dealer it was dropped to $14k). I was prepared to spend $15.5 going up, the 2014 was only $15.975k. So I ended up buying that instead.

Car is for my fiance, and we both couldn't be happier so far with it. Should serve us well for many years.

https://imgur.com/a/EbZABcG

Edit: And now I found myself ordering a badgeless grill setup...

Edit 2: I know a lot of people are not fans of the pano roof, since they tend to leak. I'm not too worried, I'm just going to keep an extra eye on making sure the drains are clear etc. My only gripe is the shade. I don't know if she does/will care when it gets bright out (It's been rainy and dark here all week) but that would annoy me to no end. Probably wouldn't be a huge chore to pop it out and recover it with some blackout material.

Last edited:

tdi54

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Diesel(sold), 2009 Jetta TDI MT(sold)2010 Jetta TDI MT, 2015 Jetta TDI SEL, DSG, 99 Ford F 350 PSD Dually, 2016 BMW X5 xDrive35d, 2016 535d
Enjoy the efficient fun to drive car..