Sanden to AN8 and AN10 Fittings

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Any reason that would be better?

I'm thinking most swaps would require custom hoses, no matter what. You can use one style connector on one end and another style connector on the other end.

-Todd

smelly621

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, 2003 Tacoma
I have identical looking connectors I ordered from Vintage Air through Summit for a good bit less $$. They're marketed as Sanden SD7 fittings, part# 045008 and 045010. I may have to take the locating pin off of the compressor side - I haven't looked yet.

I think the benefit to this type of fitting over drilling out the compressor is that it keeps the compressor pretty much a plug and play item if it needs to be replaced in the future. It's also one of those "one less thing to modify" time savers.

I do have the OEM hose ends from the donor system - but welding oil contaminated aluminum for use in a high pressure application sounds miserable to me. They also may not point in the desired direction without additional modification.

Gordon Peterson

Veteran Member
TDI
1959 Ford F100 TDI ALH conversion
very cool tip. i hadn't got to the AC line issue yet but will keep these in mind for my 59 f100 build. Thanks.