!!Help, K Frame troubles!!

Seamless

TDI
99 jetta 1.9
I just bought a 99 (Early Model) and my K Frame is splitting in two and rotted out. I found a parts car but its a 2.0 gas motor, I have the 1.9 TDI. will the parts swap over or do i need to find a tdi car?

Also if anyone has any experience repairing unibody, i have to patch the rear section by the rear driver door that holds the back k frame on, and im not to worried about it but i always like advice.

Thanks in advance.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Even the beetle fits. Gas, diesel , frames are the same only the fuel has been changed to achieve nosebleed mileage.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Missed that (early 99) part. Scratch the Beetle, but the other gas/diesel body subframe parts should be interchangeable.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Post the first 10 digits of the VIN. That'll solve the model question. There is NO K or sub frame in the rear. Just a beam.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I'd also want to carefully check the rest of the body, specifically the strut towers and rockers, if the rust was so bad that the subframe needed replacement.

-J

Seamless

TDI
99 jetta 1.9
Thank you all. The rest of the car is trashed with rust. But I have the time and resources to fix that. I just could not for the life of me figure out where to get the k frame.