New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

MadDiesel

TDI
03 vw jetta
hello

thanks for the add i would post a pic but for some reason im not allowed to post any attachments.... but i have the unique forest green 03 vw jetta 1.9l tdi with a stage 2 clutch bigger injectors vnt17 turbo hard piping intercooler kit custom made egr delete kit advanced timing 3 inch turbo back exhaust with a stage 4 malone tuning flash..... and im getting the good ol p0251 quality adjuster limit reached and im pulling my hair out trying to figure out what it is any suggestions iv changed cam sensor and replaced qa and nothing and dont wanna keep monkeying with it if i dont know what else to do

fnjimmy!

Chucklechump
TDI
TDIdiot
thanks for the add i would post a pic but for some reason im not allowed to post any attachments.... but i have the unique forest green 03 vw jetta 1.9l tdi with a stage 2 clutch bigger injectors vnt17 turbo hard piping intercooler kit custom made egr delete kit advanced timing 3 inch turbo back exhaust with a stage 4 malone tuning flash..... and im getting the good ol p0251 quality adjuster limit reached and im pulling my hair out trying to figure out what it is any suggestions iv changed cam sensor and replaced qa and nothing and dont wanna keep monkeying with it if i dont know what else to do
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1891712&postcount=2

kingSuction

TDI
2001 golf TDI ALH 4speed auto(want manual bad!)
Hi I'm Nick. I have problems with my rear doors intermitantly not opening from inside or out. I replaced driverside switch panel and that seemed to help some. I can open them more often if I turn ignition all the way off and then back to on position. not always works. maybe there is a relay in the door or some kinda solenoid. I am a god when it comes to mechanical stuff. I can fix anything if it comes with a manual. but electrical stuff gives me nightmares. anyone have problems like this? Please help I need my back doors!

buddyboy

TDI
3.0 A7
Hi guys, living in Ireland, i picked up a 2012 a7 3.0 TDI 245hp last week, unfortunately bit of an oil leak on the engine so its going back in for investigation this week. This is my first diesel, came from a 2007 Audi s6 v10 , so im clueless when it comes to diesel engines. I look forward to learning more about my setup on here

Last edited:

Gluckmysock

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 1.9
Hello All.
I just purchased my first VW. 2002 Jetta 5 speed TDI 265K. Love this thing. awesome power. Probably get my first speeding ticket.

Mrzanzinger

TDI
2011 JSW
Hey everyone, I decided to join the forums after ages of lurking. Currently on my 3rd VW and 2nd TDI. The first got bought back in December and it's replacement, a salvage title 2011 JSW I just got done fixing just decided it didn't like it's HPFP. Just dropped off a new to me motor to the shop that has my car that I purchased for the price of new injectors.

Ovelson

TDI
'01 Jetta TDI
Hi all, I thought I'd join after a bit of lurking while figuring out how to fix up my ALH Jetta (my first one, actually).

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
i have almost no boost and a bad actuator , does the actuator when operating properly relieve or increase my booste pressure? should i get my booste back w new actuater?
This is more of an introduction thread - you would be better to post your question in one of the model specific forums.

Jmiltier

TDI
12 Jetta TDI
New to the forum but not the VW TDI scene, just sold our 12 TDI back to VW so picked up a 04 TDI Wagon 5 Spd from a member last week. It already has a VNT17 Turbo on it so looking forward to seeing what I can do with this wagon for mileage and power gains.

lpasquale

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS ALH 01M - 325k and going strong - Sort of...
Newbie Question

How does one graduate from Newbie class into regular membership? If it's based on the number of posts one creates I may be a noob forever:) Joined the club in 2008 and mostly just read all the interesting threads. I'm thankful for all of you that voluntarily take time to help others. This is a great group of folks.

jaxso32

TDI
1998 jetta
Hi all, new to the forum and VWs I've done work on them in the past but first time owning one. I've always been a dodge and jeep guy in the past, but couldn't resist the mpg and fun of the TDI. I just bought a 1998 jetta 5 speed with about 220k on the clock, runs great but definitely has its problems, which I'm sure I'll be looking to this forum to help fix in the near future
[/url][/IMG]

gkid

TDI
2005 Jetta GLS TDI
2005 Jetta GLS sedan TDI

Hello to all in the forum, just bought a new to me 2005 Jetta TDI with 331 km, car is stock besides being lowered. Love the car but the ride, only thing i will be doing is putting it back to stock and regular maintenance.

Remeciis

TDI
2006 Jetta
Hello! Daily driving my heads/cam/intake with a heavy clutch Camaro has gotten old so I'm looking for a TDI Jetta 04-09 but preferably the 5th gen because I like the interiors. Is there a megathread for what to look out for when buying these cars?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Hello to all in the forum, just bought a new to me 2005 Jetta TDI with 331 km, car is stock besides being lowered. Love the car but the ride, only thing i will be doing is putting it back to stock and regular maintenance.
Welcome to the TDICLUB

Tell us about your MPG

and about the "lifting" of your Jetta:)

Tashmoo TDI

TDI
2004 Golf GL
2004 Golf TDI w/Drum Brakes

I have a 2004 TDI Golf with rear drum brakes, but parts catalogs show only Disc Brakes all around. My car was mfg. in Brazil, and is a GL.
What is unique designation for my TDI?

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
I think all Golfs were made in Brazil at that time.
Rear drums huh, any chance the title says salvage?

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I think all Golfs were made in Brazil at that time.
Rear drums huh, any chance the title says salvage?
Even if a salvage vehicle, why would someone swap in rear drum brakes from a Mk3 Golf, Jetta, or Cabrio? And if they did, what other modifications might they have made to this FrankenGolf?

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Even if a salvage vehicle, why would someone swap in rear drum brakes from a Mk3 Golf, Jetta, or Cabrio? And if they did, what other modifications might they have made to this FrankenGolf?
IDK maybe they swapped a complete rear end from an older MKIII.
I don't think they made any A4 Golfs with drums

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)

ED.autonut

TDI
Golf 1.9 mk4
Hello.

Hello Tdi community. Im new here.
I have bought my first Tdi and i am trying my best not to regret my decision. I have heard and read so many good things about them! My particular car seems cursed! Problem after problem.
This is also why i have joined this site hoping i can get to the bottom of things and sort it out.
My latest problem is that my car keeps going into limp mode.

gkid

TDI
2005 Jetta GLS TDI
Just bought the car and still on my first tank of fuel, so not sure yet of MPG, the car was lowered 1 1/2 inch and rides to rough for me, so I'm not going to lift my car, just put it back to stock

SrtStang

TDI
none at the moment
Hello everyone. New to the site and I'm new to the tdi world. I have not purchased one yet but I'm looking to do so in the very near future. I would like to get one for the commute to my new job. If all goes well I would like to get the wife one as well.

I currently drive a 2008 dodge mega cab Cummins with a lot of performance upgrades and gets a strong 14mpg so getting a tdi will be nice on the fuel budget.

I was originally looking at about an 06 model jetta tdi as they seem to be roomy and have a large trunk. But from what I've seen / read it seems the 2000-2003 is the more reliable option.

What are the things I really need to consider and look into before I buy one? Are any years really better than others?

TheFawkingHux

TDI
Mk3 Golf CL
Hey all, newbie to tdi's but not to VW's. I've have Mk2 Jetta coupes in the past, but I recently picked up a mk3 97 Golf CL from Canada that had a very nicely done tdi swap out of a 97 Jetta- AHU, O2A trans, fuel tank, shifter, ECU, pedal assembly, cluster, etc. Short list of stuff:

Basics:
97 Golf CL with Jetta nose
Coilovers
Powdercoated Snowflakes

Drivetrain:
Race 520 injector nozzles
3" off turbo to 2.5" straight pipe
Front-mount intercooler and intake
AC delete
EGR delete
ARP head studs
Malone tune
CAT fuel filter setup

Turbo was replaced ~20k miles before I bought the car, head gasket and ARP studs were done at the same time. Supposedly a bigger turbo than stock, but diesels are witchcraft to me. I do know it will hold 21psi, and PO claimed 150hp and 276 ft-lbs to the wheels but again I'm not sure of the truth in that.

Anyway, I've got a few little issues I'm trying to straighten out with the car. One of them is that the speedo and tach needles wildly jump around at anything over 2k rpm or 45-50mph. I cleaned the connectors and even tried a different cluster... same thing. Another is related to the tune, it falls on its face and sputters/spews soot if you get a little zesty with the throttle in first gear. I'm still picking through forums for information, but I'm pretty sure I just need to get the tune redone.

Anyway, I absolutely love the thing, and I've gotten 50mpg babying it and around 38-40 if I'm stepping on it. WAY better than the 9-10 i was getting out of my V-8 Jeep!

Brian O'Dell

TDI
2005 GLS Wagon 5spd
Hey everyone,

I live in Seattle and I'm looking for a 2003 to 2005 tdi wagon that I'm planning on running bio in. Just getting started so I'm open to any tips.

Seamless

TDI
99 jetta 1.9
What's up, just bought this 98 5speed tdi about a month ago, already pulled the engine. Already in love with it. It's got 220xxx and runs like a champ.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RainbowCrash

TDI
2005 VW Passat
Hey y'all. I'm Frank in Richmond, Virginia, and I just purchased an early 2005 Passat TDI wagon with 116k miles. My previous car was a 2004 Passat 1.8T wagon. Before that a 2003 Golf TDI that I totalled :(. I'm thrilled to be back in "the club"!
However, 4 days after buying it, this new one is displaying some serious electrical issues. I searched the forum, found a few leads, but if it's cool I'd still like to start my own thread, sharing my particular blend of vag-com codes and symptoms before I invest in parts I might not need.
I'm no expert mechanic, but I try to diy as much as possible. Grew up restoring MGB's with my dad. Biggest project on one of my VW's was replacing the heater core on my last Passat.
Other interests include unicycling and banjo pickin', but not always at the same time.

Delsilver

TDI
97 Jetta
Hey guys Just purchased a 97 Jetta for my commute to work.
So far all is good, i have a couple questions but will find the right place to ask them.
Also own a 99 Chrysler Sebring convertible and a 93 Dodge 3/4 ton 4 WDR with a Cummins in it.
Looking forward to the economy of the Jetta

OlRed

TDI
1998 Jetta
Hello all, just joined the forum. I'm new to TDI's and VW's in general. I just received 98 Jetta 5 speed with 170,000 miles that was my Grandmother's. My Mom's had it the last year, but decided it would be best to have it driven more frequently. It seems to be a nice driving car and was always serviced at her favorite dealership at regular intervals. I look forward to learning what I can about these cars and keeping this one going for as long as I can

redrockjetta

TDI
99.5 Jetta
New guy

Hey new guy here! Just picked up my first diesel, always had German cars though. 528 wagon, ml500 and vw Passat. Excited for the Jetta though! I do believe the previous owner was a member of this site too. Here is the ad he posted of what he has done to it.
1999 vw jetta tdi
condition: good
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: diesel
odometer: 268000
paint color: green
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: sedan
1999.5 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 5 speed. a/c, ps, pb, pw, pdl, sun roof. Lots of upgrades have been done to make this the ultimate commuter car. I now have a company vehicle, and we need something bigger for the family. It has dlc520 injectors that have been balanced and flow benched for better fuel mileage and a nice bump in power. Nicktane Cat 2 micron filter to keep the injectors happy. Only Mobile 1 TDT and Mann filters have been used. The suspension was replaced with bilstein bts struts and shocks. At the same time the ball joints and tie rod ends were replaced, as well as Audi TT bushings in the control arms. Only quality German parts were used, no Chinese crap. Turbo back 2.5" custom exhaust with a high flow diesel catalytic converter and magnaflow muffler. I added a .658 5th gear for lower rpms at freeway speeds (lets you drive faster with better fuel mileage). Luk clutch to handle the power, and Malone custom tuning to compliment everything. Diesel geek aluminum skid plate with full metal jacket side protection. second skin damplifier pro used throughout the entire car to quiet it down. Jvc hands free Bluetooth stereo with iPhone control. Custom built 2" receiver hitch with wiring to easily pull small trailers. All maintenance is up to date, including new glow plugs and harness when the injectors were done. This is a fun car with lots of power that still gets 47 mpg with the cruise set at 80 mph. " she rides awesome and excited to have her

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hey new guy here! Just picked up my first diesel, always had German cars though. 528 wagon, ml500 and vw Passat. Excited for the Jetta though! I do believe the previous owner was a member of this site too.
Your Jetta has maybe even more goodies than my Mk4 Golf. Your Jetta's previous owner really put a lot of effort into making that car as good as can be.

You'll have to spend money to keep it in top mechanical condition, but it will be worth it and still cheaper to own and operate than 90%-95% of cars on the road. The only reason you won't be able to get another 200k-300k miles out of it is if you crash it.