Sprint 520's VS PP520's

TDream

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I think the stock injectors in my 02 jetta are used up. I'm eyeballing Sprint or powerplus 520's as a replacement on this stock TDI. Some info says to use sprints on unmodded engines, while other info says PP's have better spray and can improve MPG. The car is a stock 5 speed, but I can't rule out a Rocket Chip in the future. 192,XXX mi.

puter

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
I have PP520's and like them.

If you get new injectors and a tune then you will definitely need to get a new clutch.

Matt (my mechanic) has sprint520's and recommended I get PP520's instead. When he got the sprints there was some debate on whether or not they would cause issues, time has shown that they shouldn't. He had me get the stage 1 clutch because the valeo was slipping with his sprint 520's.

As for fuel economy improvement, I haven't seen it yet but I would need another couple tanks (once I get used to the new power and stop playing with it) to be sure whether or not there is an improvement. So far fuel economy has been about the same for me.

Personally, I would go with an alligator tune + loader so you can get new tunes to go along with any upgrades later.

Paul7878

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI
I just picked up a set of the PP520's from boraparts.com and they are excellent! This is the sentiment of many people that have them. Pretty much no smoke on a stock 5 speed. I will be adding a tune soon, but they are what I would recommend either way.