September, 2002 Volkswagen Canada Sales --Jetta Sales Increase 20%

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
AJAX, ON, Oct. 1 /CNW/ - Volkswagen Canada sales in September reached 3,653 vehicles, compared with 3,384 units in September 2001, an increase of 7.9%.
Sales of the Volkswagen Jetta continued to be strong with 2,218 units sold in the month of September, compared with the 1,849 units sold in September 2001, an increase of 20%.
Also selling well this year are the Volkswagen Golf and GTI, with sales totaling 816 units for the month of September, compared with 713 units in 2001, an increase of 14.4%.
Volkswagen Canada will now be offering the Golf CL, with inventory scheduled to arrive at dealers this month. The Golf CL is expected to sell approximately 1,500 units this year.

-0- 10/01/2002
-------------------------------------------------

Looks like my dealer was correct with the information on the CL. I believe it will have manual windows, no AC and a few other things. IIRC, it will be just under $20,000CDN. No TDI though in the CL:(

simonr

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon (sold), 2010 Golf TDI
Looks like my dealer was correct with the information on the CL. I believe it will have manual windows, no AC and a few other things. IIRC, it will be just under $20,000CDN. No TDI though in the CL:(

___
Hear an VW ad on the radio in Ottawa today and they said the Golf CL started at $17500 or $17800 Canadian. Not mention of specs in the ad.

Cheers

Simon

Captaingomes

TDI
97 Jetta TDI
since Passat sales must be down, VW would be smart to introduce the TDI in the Passat, being that it is the best selling engine in the Jetta and Golf lineups. Imagine selling a roomy, reasonably priced family car, with high quality and a great drive, that gets 40 MPG? What's VW waiting for?

ittrad

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver
Originally posted by Captaingomes:
since Passat sales must be down, VW would be smart to introduce the TDI in the Passat, being that it is the best selling engine in the Jetta and Golf lineups. Imagine selling a roomy, reasonably priced family car, with high quality and a great drive, that gets 40 MPG? What's VW waiting for?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">TDI best selling? Really? I see alot more 1.8Ts here in Ottawa.

Jamie

Captaingomes

TDI
97 Jetta TDI
Yup, speaking recently to different dealerships, they all said that recently, at least in Toronto, the order of sales for the Jetta was TDI, 1.8T, 2.0 then VR6. I would agree that in the past, the 1.8T would probably be more popular, but right now, it's the mighty TDI! I'm sure VW is taking this into account, especially if they can get their hands on more powerful TDI's, I'm sure it would really help Passat sales. It probably wouldn't outsell the 1.8T in the Passat, but it would do very well I'm sure.