www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old January 22nd, 2012, 16:14   #1
ssg510

TDI(s): none now
Default Price increase this spring?

So I have been shopping and thinking about ording that perfect Passat TDI. Tried to get my local dealer to at least match a car I priced out this last friday essentially $750.00 off MSRP and Ill even wait for a few months to get what I want. Dealer said it was hard to give me a "price" to order because there will be an increase this sping and they dont know how much. Is this true? All I want to do is order a car with a firm price. They just want to say they will give me x amout of dollars off of msrp what ever that is this spring when it comes in. I have tried so hard to buy local but am getting no cooperation. Looks like Ill have to look elsewhere. What have you guys hearing about an increase?
ssg510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 16:24   #2
JSWTDI09
Veteran Member

You are not that far away - I would contact Chris Farnham at Langhorne VW near Philly (member here "3193"). Many members here have gotten great deals from him. Look here:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=341028

You can fly to Philly, he will pick you up at the airport, and then you drive home. Many members here have done this.

Have Fun!

Don

Last edited by JSWTDI09; January 22nd, 2012 at 16:27.
JSWTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 16:38   #3
radtech83

This is crazy, do car companies really increase prices mid year?

radtech83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 16:41   #4
MyAvocation
Veteran Member

Why crazy? It's a hot commodity. I may not like it either, but it's simple supply/demand.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 17:49   #5
Requiescat In Pace

SSG,

Chris here{3193} from VW of Langhorne in Langhorne, PA.

While I do not normally post in any threads other then the ones in the ForSale section, I thought I would chime in to clear a few things up with the inept dealers you may be dealing with.

VW of America did just in fact have a price increase that took effect for any new VW product, {excluding the Passat and New Beetle} that were invoiced to the dealer after Dec31st.

These price increases ranged from $275 to $555 on a Touareg.

Now I have not heard of any price increases for the Passat for the spring, however, rest asssured that when these things happen, the dealers are told about the change usually 3/4 to a month before it actually is implimented and then given the opportuntity to record any customer that has a SOLD order and offer them price protection against ANY price increase.

I do not know iif you would be interested in coming up to the Phila area to purchase your new Passat TDI, but it woud my pleasure to offer you a price of dealer invoice on ANY ordered Passat TDI.

We would just have to pick what model you are looking for and I would put it in writing for you.

I just in fact had allocation from VW to build 10 Passat TDI's 2 days ago that would bee very easy to change the order to your specs. This offer is for a real offer accepted by the factory, not a wish list in IS Order Bank.

Thanks for listening and please let me know if I can help you!

Chris

Burlington VW
4500 Rt130 South
Burlington, NJ 08016
http://www.burlingtonvw.com

Last edited by 3193; January 22nd, 2012 at 17:54.
3193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 18:23   #6
TomB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 34 mpg on first tank

I got mine for $1,500 UNDER MSRP and for 2.19% financing.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 19:45   #7
ssg510

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3193 View Post
SSG,

Chris here{3193} from VW of Langhorne in Langhorne, PA.

While I do not normally post in any threads other then the ones in the ForSale section, I thought I would chime in to clear a few things up with the inept dealers you may be dealing with.

VW of America did just in fact have a price increase that took effect for any new VW product, {excluding the Passat and New Beetle} that were invoiced to the dealer after Dec31st.

These price increases ranged from $275 to $555 on a Touareg.

Now I have not heard of any price increases for the Passat for the spring, however, rest asssured that when these things happen, the dealers are told about the change usually 3/4 to a month before it actually is implimented and then given the opportuntity to record any customer that has a SOLD order and offer them price protection against ANY price increase.

I do not know iif you would be interested in coming up to the Phila area to purchase your new Passat TDI, but it woud my pleasure to offer you a price of dealer invoice on ANY ordered Passat TDI.

We would just have to pick what model you are looking for and I would put it in writing for you.

I just in fact had allocation from VW to build 10 Passat TDI's 2 days ago that would bee very easy to change the order to your specs. This offer is for a real offer accepted by the factory, not a wish list in IS Order Bank.

Thanks for listening and please let me know if I can help you!

Chris

Chris. Ill send you a pm. Last car I purchased was 7 hours away. Could not get any cooperation. Looks like you know how to sell cars.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 21:28   #8
ssg510

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWTDI09 View Post
You are not that far away - I would contact Chris Farnham at Langhorne VW near Philly (member here "3193"). Many members here have gotten great deals from him. Look here:

You can fly to Philly, he will pick you up at the airport, and then you drive home. Many members here have done this.

Have Fun!

Don
JSW, That is exactly what I think im going to do. I have been following this web site a few weeks now trying to educate myself about these cars. Ive seen many posts and references to Chris but have not even talked to him yet. From what little I have seen, it looks like he is one savy salesman. I plan on trying to make a deal on one of his incomming cars and either fly up or drive up to get the car. As a matter of fact I think I will start a thread which tracks my whole expirence with him from first contact, to purchase to pickup to drive home. Might even take a few photos along the way. Hopefully Chris will not mind the publicity. Just sent him a pm so we will see where it goes. Wish me luck.!!!!!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 22:14   #9
Requiescat In Pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg510 View Post
JSW, That is exactly what I think im going to do. I have been following this web site a few weeks now trying to educate myself about these cars. Ive seen many posts and references to Chris but have not even talked to him yet. From what little I have seen, it looks like he is one savy salesman. I plan on trying to make a deal on one of his incomming cars and either fly up or drive up to get the car. As a matter of fact I think I will start a thread which tracks my whole expirence with him from first contact, to purchase to pickup to drive home. Might even take a few photos along the way. Hopefully Chris will not mind the publicity. Just sent him a pm so we will see where it goes. Wish me luck.!!!!!
I hope to live up to expectations!

Thank you for the opportunity to EARN your business!

PM answered

Chris

Burlington VW
4500 Rt130 South
Burlington, NJ 08016
http://www.burlingtonvw.com
3193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 15:04   #10
TheGrove
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Quote:

PM answered

Chris
You lived up to mine! It was a pleasure purchasing mine from you in September.
Old January 25th, 2012, 10:47   #11
ssorange

TDI(s): Passat
Default Good Dealer in CA?

Hi guys,
Does anyone have a recommendation for a dealership to purchase a 2012 Passat TDI in California or neighboring States? Most of the ones in my area, SFBay Area, are trying to sell them for MSRP+. Now that Truecar got their hand slapped by the government and don't have any VW dealerships around, I can't seem to get a good price.

Thanks all.
ssorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 09:38   #12
Tcobar

ssorange, I sent you a PM with some contact info...
Tcobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 13:03   #13
tomo366
TDI Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWTDI09 View Post

Have Fun!

Don
I am in the metro DC area and have bought 2TDI's from Chris I took thr train up both times and he picked me up in Trenton NJ and we drove back to the dealership and finished the deal!
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2001 Jeep Cherokee silver
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 13:08   #14
tomo366
TDI Lifer

Quote:

PM answered

Chris
Blowing your own horn I see!

Passat SE stick and sunroof and I will buy another....
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2001 Jeep Cherokee silver
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:10   #15
camaro888

Hi guys,
Does anyone have a recommendation for a dealership to purchase a 2012 Passat TDI in California or neighboring States? Most of the ones in my area, Central Valley AND SFBay Area, are trying to sell them for MSRP+.

Thanks!
camaro888 is offline   Reply With Quote