FOR SALE: 82 Mercedes 300D turbodiesel

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
FOR SALE

1982 Mercedes 300D turbodiesel

* 3.0 liter, 5 cylinder turbodiesel. Runs and drives well.
* Automatic trans shifts well.
* Recently replaced tires. All 4 Goodyear Aquatreads.
* Was daily driver until a few months ago. Replaced with newer Benz!

Exterior: Black. A few rust spots starting. There is some kind of water leak -- maybe windshield seal or sunroof? Luckily water also leaks out, through convenient rust areas! There is also a minimal Diesel leak out, unfortunately Diesel does not also leak in. Fuel lines have been replaced, but still a problem.

Interior: Tan, in good shape. Denon head unit and TWO ten disk CD changers! The floor mats were removed for cleaning when I took the pictures... but they are included.

Asking for a loving home and $1000.00 OBO.

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gotta agree with you there! I put 200k miles on my last one... and sold it at 410k miles. The current owner has put more than 50k more miles on it since they bought it.

My first car was a 240D (same body, smaller engine). I ended up getting into an accident where I rolled the car three times. I walked away... and not a single window broke! I kept the wrecked car and sold it off for parts and actually made money on it!

Chief Lee Visceral

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2001, midnight blue
I have been in 3 wrecks in a W123s that I can recall. I remember once in a white 1980 300D (no turbo) my mom owned.
Guy made a left turn about 10 feet in front of me in some kind of Dodge sedan of the 70's when I was driving my little sister to dance class or something. I was in High School. Seems like I was travelling about 45 before braking. I started to swerve hard but decided that could make the situation in the intersection worse so I went ahead and tag the guys right rear fender.

In our car it just sounded like someone had slammed a door. My little sister and I watched that Diplomat spin three near perfect circles like he was doing donuts and exited the intersection it had no business being in without touching anything but the curb kitty corner to us. A rush hour driver of the car behind the Dodge was so impressed that only two cars got involved that he stayed to give a statement backing me up.

Car was fixed fine with just fender and alignment I think and she kept that car for another 8 years and 200k. My little sister and I called it "Cue ball" from then on.

fallingwindows

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen
Can't believe nobody's bought this yet - a classy ride for $1000

Sorry, I need to sell toys before I get any more!

rogerwhippet

TDI
05 Jetta Wagon B100 only!
Not sure if this is my first post or not, but I have to say that these cars are awesome. I put 325,000 wonderful miles on my red 300TD wagon. These diesels do run forever but also require a bit of elbow grease and tlc as they age. $1K seems like a great price on a good running Mercedes considering I sold mine for over $6500!

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
.....a clutch-equipped 240D flits in and out among the contenders to replace my venerated '82 diesel pickup (with 55mpg capability - - granted: at a slow 55mph.....) looking forward to more diesel availability, but can't believe you've no sold your 300D turbo....

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The car is at my home in Friendship, MD -- about 20 miles south of Annapolis.