Here is a video of my 2000 tdi with 3" exhaust.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Did it help increase power or just turbo noise? I have a 3" on the shelf that I can run with or without a muffler. Is your car chipped,other mods? PM me if you're interested in an RC3 chipped 2000 ecu with egr and immo delete.

Last edited:

Darkhrse99

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Did it help increase power or just turbo noise? I have a 3" on the shelf that I can run with or without a muffler. Is your car chipped,other mods? PM me if you're interested in an RC3 chipped 2000 ecu with egr and immo delete.

Not sure on the power, it does smoke more, so I would think it's making more. I haven't got on it much to tell if it's quicker. I'm going on a road trip this weekend, so we'll see if it helps with the milage. The car is all stock, i may be interested in the ecu.

JEtDI1382

TDI
2006 Jetta
so from the look of things you went with no cat, no resonator, and no muff....all 3". is it a stock downpipe?

Last edited:

Darkhrse99

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
I just got back and I got 43 mpg doing 75-80 with a/c on 2. Not bad for a 1000 mile trip. I will be back there at the end of the month and I'm hoping to have a .622 5th gear in by then.

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
Your turbo actuator needs adjusting

Mine chirped like that too when letting off before I had it adjusted, was off quite a bit and was slightly overboosting.

mk1-83

Veteran Member
TDI
LUPO 1.9 tdi 300+ hp
make the acuator rod 1mm longer sits on turbo it pulls a small arm who controles the vnt system.

1mm than try again to see results maybe more to set right between spool and off throttle surge.

Darkhrse99

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
I'm having an over boost issues and putting the engine in safe mode.I didn't have any issues like this before the exhaust and it took 3 weeks to throw a 1556 code. Could putting bigger exhaust cause the turbo to over boost?

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
I'm having an over boost issues and putting the engine in safe mode.I didn't have any issues like this before the exhaust and it took 3 weeks to throw a 1556 code. Could putting bigger exhaust cause the turbo to over boost?

You had vane issues to begin with, this just amplified the problem.

Darkhrse99

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
I finally adjusted the actuator and it doesn't go into safe mode now,but I think the .622 for a 5th is too small of a ratio for a stock 1.9 tdi...Climbing big hills on the highway it still won't keep a constant speed and drops about 10mph by the top of it. Does anyone have any ideas on putting more power to the ground for fairly cheap? Is a chip worth it with stock injectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Yes, a basic tune from any of the reputable tuners will fix your 10MPH speed drop assuming everything else is in good working order (MAF is good, Vanes are not stuck, actuator/vacuum lines are in good shape, etc).

I prefer a tune only over nozzles only for a first modification on an otherwise stock TDI

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I finally adjusted the actuator and it doesn't go into safe mode now,but I think the .622 for a 5th is too small of a ratio for a stock 1.9 tdi...Climbing big hills on the highway it still won't keep a constant speed and drops about 10mph by the top of it. Does anyone have any ideas on putting more power to the ground for fairly cheap? Is a chip worth it with stock injectors?

Nozzles, tune pick one. Although I'd go with nozzles (Personal preference)

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I cut off the downpipe at the resonator and ran 3" from there back.
Anything over stock is just extra weight then. The top elbow of the downpipe is like 1.5" and the flex pipe isn't much better.

Go too big and you'll get turbulent flow in the exhaust pipe and it'll actually increase your backpressure from a pipe properly sized for laminar flow.

Darkhrse99

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
I went with a Q loader tuner from Kermatdi, so it should be here by mid week just in time for the next 1000 mile trip.

Darkhrse99

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Quick update:

I have been fighting the over boosting for some time now and I finally had time to mess with it. I don't have any turbo issues, besides oil leaks down the pipe at bottom and drips, but i think that is all from the intake pulling in oil. It seems the actuator needed adjustment. Even with the the vacuum gauge I could only get 15 in of vacuum, so I just made small adjustments by hand until I could make the check engine light go on and off by just a turn or two. It has held all day today and I am going up a steep pass tonight, so I know it will have a good chance of over boosting just to maintain speed if the actuator isn't adjust good enough.

So I want to add injectors now, do you guys have any suggestions. I want the biggest hp gain with a stock turbo.

Golf2K

TDI
2000 Golf
Stock 2000 Golf,I just put in .216 nozzles and its faster and revs smoother, probably because the 15 year old nozzles are mostly clogged and the new ones are a bit bigger. Definitely more power, easily noticeable. Nozzles all the way.

Darkhrse99

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Stock 2000 Golf,I just put in .216 nozzles and its faster and revs smoother, probably because the 15 year old nozzles are mostly clogged and the new ones are a bit bigger. Definitely more power, easily noticeable. Nozzles all the way.
Do you know anything about the 1019's or 520 race ones?