CR140 Flapper Valve Performance...

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Well, your issue is emissions related and should be taken care of 100% by VW without question. I try to stay away from dealerships BUT I trust my service department for warrant types of things. Hopefully you have a trusted dealership you can swing by to have fix for you. ????

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
Anyone know where I can get a set of these runner flap delete kit. I msged the guy that used to sell them but no reply

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
really dont see the need in using these, car runs perfect without those small inserts. doing that for 10k , drives perfect.
i doubt those make any tangible difference.

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
I just don’t wanna take everything apart and then find out I can get those inserts. But yes. From what I’ve read nobody seems to use those block off plates. I just think they would have a more “direct” flow. APR makes them. But only for TSi engines.

bengone1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1998 VW GTi 1Z powered. 06 Jetta PD. 01 allroad 6sp
Try emailing the seller for a faster response ;)

Measurable difference...I highly doubt it. It is nice to get plastic out of your intake tract before it disintegrates and more flow isn't going to hurt anything.

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Bengone. I have emailed you and sent you a PM on here.

bengone1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1998 VW GTi 1Z powered. 06 Jetta PD. 01 allroad 6sp
No email, even checked spam. Drop me a line and I will shoot you pics.

unorganizedplan

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW Highline w/DSG ; 2003 Jetta ALH w/5spd
Reviving the dead here . . . i know.

My 2012 CJAA is giving me flapper/motor codes.
P2017 and P2008
P2015 bracket fix already done long while ago.

Tried some troubleshooting with unplugging, as well as working with my tuner, and it seems the motor is giving me grief.
I'm inclined to remove the intake and remove the flapper assembly, and have the motor/sensors tuned out afterward.
General consensus in this thread, quite a few years ago was the same.
Anyone have any new info?

mariusmuja

TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2013 Golf Sportwagen
Here's another reason to remove those intake swirl flaps:

McGuirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 TDI
Removed my flapper valves and motor. Car is stage 2 tunezilla. Left the rod out and tapped the hole and installed a bolt with permatex black gasket maker. So far the holes between ports seems to not matter. Will update further when I drive it more as far as mpg and responsiveness.

McGuirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 TDI
Picked up about 1-2 mpg on my daily commute and cars response is smoother. Worth the $30 for the special intake socket IMO.

McGuirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 TDI
I paid $90 for a good used one on ebay. Could find one cheaper I am sure. No BS clean way to delete the flaps is my point.
Gotcha. My intake was relatively new and tapping a hole and installing a bolt was easy enough. I'll have to search more next time. $90 is a steal IMO.

VW_Diesel_All_Day

TDI
2013 Passat TDI, 2014 Sportwagen
I paid $90 for a good used one on ebay. Could find one cheaper I am sure. No BS clean way to delete the flaps is my point.
Did you end up retaining the CJAA aluminum outer shell and just swapping the plastic part? Did you happen to take any pictures you could share?

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
Did you end up retaining the CJAA aluminum outer shell and just swapping the plastic part? Did you happen to take any pictures you could share?
No, I swapped the entire intake, The upper half is aluminum. There isn't any need to share a picture of this it is fairly straightforward.

lemoncurd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 CJAA GTB2266
For the sake of discussion, they appear different to me on the car, but I'm not interested in arguing with strangers on the internets today.. cheers

those accessory bolt hole locations are the same in space when compared to the mounting location of the intake manifold bolts.

if you would actually look at the photo's you provided, and the PN's i provided, you'll see the overall shape for the CKRA manifold is actually "smaller"

the internal volume / air distribution is different compared to that of the CJAA manifold. now this is probably due to the lack of a swirl flap, so they have optimized the CKRA airflow for this.

regardless, the accessory bolt hole locations are the same :)

edit: the only discrepancy i see is the HPFP feed line holder into the CR.

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Looks like the CKRA intake manifold (w/o the swirl flaps) should swap right over to the CJAA Tdi engine.

Possible next mod? It does get rid of the actuator motor, and I do like deleting things that are not necessary...

blacksnowman

TDI
2010 Audi Q5 Quattro 2.0 TDI CR CAHA
Nothing like installing new parts. New VW 03L129711AR, intake manifold without the swirl flaps. ECS tuning sells these for just a tad over $200.

Is the volume of this manifold actually smaller than the one w/flaps? Have you notice any difference in size?

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Is the volume of this manifold actually smaller than the one w/flaps? Have you notice any difference in size?
I have not installed yet. So I have not had a chance to put the two manifolds side by side. When I do the install, I'll take some nice pics to try to illustrate the differences and similarities. Heck, I may even measure the volume difference if I can find my old graduated cylinder.