BEW PD heat soak

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
Did a search and found no definitive answers. I have a few mods, see my Sig...I'm dealing with 32c IAT's and at WOT see it rise to at least 52c, according to my Lemur Bluetooth and app. I'm going to remove the bumper cover tommorow,and take a drive, to see if its an air flow restriction with the intercooler, as a start. I'm still using the stock MKIV bumper cover and have a household register cover rivited on the fender liner to help with airflow.
Any input would be appreciated

Last edited:

joseluis.17g

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 MKIV mexican Jetta 1.9 TDI
Did a search and found no definitive answers. I have a few mods, see my Sig...I'm dealing with 32c IAT's and at WOT see it rise to at least 52c, according to my Lemur Bluetooth and app. I'm going to remove the bumper cover tommorow,and take a drive, to see if its an air flow restriction with the intercooler, as a start. I'm still using the stock MKIV bumper cover and have a household register cover rivited on the fender liner to help with airflow.
Any input would be appreciated

I believe 20 degree above ambient it's not that bad, when I had my stock intercooler without the shroud I could see it climbing to 90c at WOT

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
Well, the temp here right now is around 10c, and my buddy CGDoig has similar mods but with a fmic and his IAT's are only 10 above ambient...my car has been underpowered for awhile, and I've been eliminating the possibilities 1 at a time, this is the new possibility...