adding power

thebarber

Veteran Member
TDI
06 5spd tdi wagon
here's the skinny: i have a malone stage 2 on my 06 BEW wagon and need a new clutch.

im content with the power (for now) but its a pain since i can't go WOT without slipping in most gears now.

im looking at doing the g60/vr6 clutch rated on 300ftlbs on boraparts (iirc) as money is a BIT of an issue at the moment.

knowing me, id like to add a bit more power later as things break or need replacing (turbo? nozzles?)

is it possible to add those power adders (im mainly thinking nozzles) and massage my tune to still be able to run the g60/vr6 clutch combo without slipping, or does that clutch limit me to my current stage 2 on stock everything?

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Lay off your right foot until you can put an SBC or equivalent that you won't outgrow - nothing makes a cheap clutch more expensive than having to replace it a 2nd time.

The stock one will last a long time as long as you don't continue to slip it.

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
Turbo is the next logical upgrade for your car. The nozzles have enough headroom for more boost than the tiny little KP39 turbo you have.

To answer your question, yes, the torque spike can be lessened as much as you want to make a clutch live longer via the tune. Personally, I don't like that option much as it can result in a more gasser like torque curve. It's that lower RPM torque peak that makes me enjoy driving a TDI.