Service manual, 2015 Passat

seandice

TDI
2015 Passat SE 6MT
I am seeking a service manual for my 2015 Passat. It appears Bentley doesn't provide service manuals anymore. How does one go about getting these maintenance instructions? Can the official Volkswagen manual be purchased through the dealership?
I've done some research on VCDS, but that is just the diagnostic tool right? Are there directions that come along with the purchase for some specific maintenance tasks? looking like if I want to do any level of major maintenance myself, VCDS is going to turn into a necessity.

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
If you plan on doing your own maintenance, VCDS is an absolute must. You can get the factory servcie manual in digital format over at erWin.
https://erwin.vw.com/erwin/showHome.do
For $35 (I think), you can subscribe for a day and download all the information pertinent to your car. The files are in PDF format, that you can access at any time later on once they are downloaded. I would suggest double checking your downloads immediately to make sure they are not corrupted, as it has happened to a few it would seem...

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
..one thing to add to the above. If you pay for one day's access on a Friday - you have the whole weekend to download stuff.

Have Fun!

Don

seandice

TDI
2015 Passat SE 6MT
Thanks guys! exactly what I was looking for. Now how to justify VCDS to the wife.

I like the Nevada plate picture JSW, Ill be heading back to Boulder City in April. Not looking forward to mounting that front plate though.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I like the Nevada plate picture JSW, Ill be heading back to Boulder City in April. Not looking forward to mounting that front plate though.
Nevada has a rather strange law about front license plates. They issue you 2 plates, but the front plate is only required IF you have a front license plate bracket installed on your car. When I bought my car, the front plate mounting hardware was in the back of the car (ie. not installed). Therefore, I am not required to mount a front plate. However, it is supposed to be available if needed, so my front plate is in that pocket on the back of the driver's seat. It has been there (untouched) for six years.

Have Fun!

Don

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Has anyone downloaded the service manual? Is it one PDF or many? If many, how many?

Thanks!
Chris

It is several pdfs. There are two main pdfs. Just download everything. Shouldnt take more than an hour to search and download.

S2000_guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI
..one thing to add to the above. If you pay for one day's access on a Friday - you have the whole weekend to download stuff.

Have Fun!

Don
Thanks! I've been putting off the download (still under warranty and 30k service was nothing special). I'll definitely buy my subscription on a Friday.

crawdaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon TDI/5spd swap
For $35 (I think), you can subscribe for a day and download all the information pertinent to your car. The files are in PDF format, that you can access at any time later on once they are downloaded.
I registered and was able to log in. Entered my VIN, and was able to select from one of the options in Category 1:
-Diagnostic Info
-Maintenance
-Repair Manual
-Special Tools Info
-Technician References
-Training
-Wiring Diagrams
I want to download parts Info/diagrams.
But I don't see any Parts Info/diagrams.
Is it in another category?

Last edited:

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I registered and was able to log in. Entered my VIN, and was able to select from one of the options in Category 1:
-Diagnostic Info
-Maintenance
-Repair Manual
-Special Tools Info
-Technician References
-Training
-Wiring Diagrams
I want to download parts Info/diagrams.
But I don't see any Parts Info/diagrams.
Is it in another category?
Steve
There are many diagrams contained within. But it won't necessarily be part numbers. There will be descriptions of parts and their functions and how to remove and install them as well as basic diagnosis.

Download everything you can while you have access and sort through it later. Most of what you're looking for is in the "Repair Manual" section. Get all of it.

Wiring diagrams will also include "component locations" for electrical components, which is very helpful. That's usually one giant PDF on newer cars on ERWIN and may have upwards of 800 pages in the one document... the search function in Acrobat reader is your friend for that one.

crawdaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon TDI/5spd swap
I just want a schematic diagram that shows all different parts for that particular section of car along the corresponding part numbers.
I see web pages on the web, that are just like they have from the VW parts counter.
When I go to parts and show the guy what part I need from the schematic diagram.
Are these available on Erwin

gatz

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mk4 Golf TDI PD, 2006 MkV Golf GTI
Last edited:

gatz

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mk4 Golf TDI PD, 2006 MkV Golf GTI
As a side note once I went to the parts counter at the dealer with a list of part numbers for weird things like AC o-rings when I replaced my compressor and he gave me a funny look.. And one for a lost hose clamp, which they didn't have in stock. They sold me me a universal worm drive clamp like some pleb. Whatever man!

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Turned in my 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition to VW, DSG, Nav, Sunroof / Replaced with a 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
i just created an account...need some wiring diagrams...anyone wanna split on the 1 day pass?