Help! How do I....

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Navigation

Most of the navigation is controled from near the top of the page:

I've added some commentary on what the different items do.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Yes a lot has changed here this weekend. Yes there is a bit of a learning curve with the new site
, but if we all posts some tips and tricks below here, we should be able to overcome dealing with all these new features quicker.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
UBB code and those smilies:

When you are entering a message, below the text box that you enter the message, you will see some buttons (such as
) and
. To use these you must have JavaScript enabled.

You just have to click on the smilies and the code to place it will appear in your message (where you cursor currently is). The buttons will present a popup box or two. Fill in the information it asks for and you will then be able to insert links, pictures, quotes, etc.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
For those of you having problems loging in, can you try and clear your cookies? Here is a quick link to do it: Clear Cookies

Also if you would like some more detail info on the new UBB stuff, check out the FAQ

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 passatdsg 10 jetdsg, 09 jetdsg, 2006 jetdsg, 2001Jet, 96passat, 86jet, 81 jet, 78pickup all vw diesel.
thanks for the hard work and outstanding contribution to the tdi world.. you are the defacto gold standard...

i do miss the part where i would simply ask for the recent posts... this allowed me to quickly look at the recent posts and determine my responses... hope that feature is still availible.. if not, i will adjust...

thanks again... bill

Diesel nut

Mr. Derf,I just hope that every one appreciate's all of the hard work and effort
you and your helpers have done!This is an
outstanding bulletin board,one of the best.
Dn