2.0 CR big turbo build, aiming to set WR

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
This one is too small i think for that boost Ruben.
I dont know the dimensions of the wheels yet.
I was thinking of the 65mm cw gen2 (gtx style) and a TW between 4650 and 4951 , somewhere in the middle.

The big vklr did 3bar boost , 2.9@ 5200rpm 130mg of fuel, clean as Euro 6 , no smoke whatsoever. But couldnt live with it ..various problems.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
I have good turbo J, dont need to spend on something i dont need :) Asking too much money on that unit imo.

Last test yesterday with new settings:
1 bar 2200
2 bar 2760
2.58bar 3050rpm

Starting to look right i think.

Yucca

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH 388bhp, Polo 6R 2.0TDI CR GTC1752VZ
That kind of small turbo with 16v, i think it should spool much faster.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
surge limited if you use a cw that does 400hp with emp near boost =)

... Asking too much money on that unit imo...

Depends. one could go to other and buy a turbo that is promised to work but leaks oil, go to some other company and get the same. In the end u have spend double and still only have leaking turbos. Therefore if you can get a tested unit I think its worth to go for that.

Ive been through more leaking turbos with the td05 wheel then I have fingers on a hand :/

Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Yes i remember he spent money but my car is on sale now so no point investing more money.
As soon as i do my 10s run 100-200 i will be pleased with the result , should be a good indicator of performance and i will consider it done.

Thats why i went to journal bearings because its more solid, no oil issues either.

Ruben you think it could spool better? Tbh i am so pleased with how it goes now, car drives nice finally.

Last edited:

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
surge limited if you use a cw that does 400hp with emp near boost =)

Depends. one could go to other and buy a turbo that is promised to work but leaks oil, go to some other company and get the same. In the end u have spend double and still only have leaking turbos. Therefore if you can get a tested unit I think its worth to go for that.

Ive been through more leaking turbos with the td05 wheel then I have fingers on a hand :/

I think £1750 for a nearly new turbo with a Darkside manifold is very good.

The turbo alone cost far in excess of that to have built.

Trust me as Ruben said you often get issues with oil leaks etc.
This turbo had been on and off two or three times due to a variety of issues from a variety of turbo builders and only after considerable cost to myself and Bobby in both time and money was it working well.

To get an equivalent spec from Darkside it's £2200 with VAT
Plus the manifold which Darksides one costs £870 with VAT.
Of course you can get cheaper manifolds etc.

Included speed sensor and all the associated wiring and connectors to OEM loom (this was another £150)

including water line adaptor etc £75

So from Darkside, it's realistically going to be £3000+
Nearly half price for a unit proven to be leak free, fully balanced with water lines and all other sensors etc and produce 400hp is good value. :)

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Who is ****** enough to pay 2200 for a turbo from DS? LOL their prices are absurd.
AVD makes it for half the price and it did not have oil on the exhaust either.

Unfortunately this is not stuff you sell easy J.

To be back OT, today i do another test.

BigTurboAlh

Veteran Member
TDI
06 ranger cjaa swap
How’s those b8 injectors going? You out of fuel yet? I’m looking for some nozzles

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Going well. Injectors were never a problem.
The tune could be better for sure, but it is what it is.
There are some aspects that need further improvement to go really strong.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
New turbo finished, i tried to set it as best as i could and seems to work nice without touching the software. No oil on exhaust , no smoke. So for me its better than the vklr i tested before.

This turbo has done 435hp on 2.0 PD, so i am confident it can deliver the long awaited result.
Have to do 2 more upgrades on fueling and i am really done with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn8gtCbdjdk

I'm happy with how it spools, and a good tuner will make it even better :)

PS. chinese gauge reads 150mbar less than real, and its slow

Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Went today to the most accurate dyno we have around here, heart breaker how they call it because it measures lower than the rest. Measured in 6th gear. It should be better ..but it is what it is and thats fine with me.

I have a few upgrades planned and we push for more. The 100-200 will be measured soon also. For now i am done with it.

Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
with 85kg driver and full tank it measured 1528kg. It has much heavier dq500 gearbox, big brakes, meth tank+pump, nothing removed from the car

100-190 acceleration is 10.45s then gear changes and 100-200 time suffers :(

Last edited: