TDI ALH on a B6 Audi, ESP questions

A4-TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9TDI
I'm swapping a 2001 TDI ALH on a 2004 Audi A4 Quattro. I have a problem with the ESP. I plugged CAN-Bus wires and K-line, but the ESP didn't work. The ABS works, but no ESP. The ABS worked because the Jetta TDI donnor car has ABS, so the TDI ECU communicates with the ABS system and it works. But the ESP software is not on the 1.9TDI ALH ECU. The problem is I need a software for a TDI ALH ECU to make the ESP systems works, but I THINK (not sure) that the Audi A4 tdi quattro on Europe that have the ESP systems have PD130 engines only and that the Audi A4 TDI quattros with 1.9L TDI ALH on it are 'basic' models with no ESP on the car. I'm not sure, but someone could confirm me that it don't exist Audi Quattros with ESP and a TDI VE (not PD) into it in the same time?

Is it possible to use a software from a 2WD TDI ALH with ESP on it? Will the ESP system will works correctly?

Mikkijayne

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi S8
The only ECU I know of which can do this is from the B5 Passat TDI Syncro - 038 906 018 FT. This is for the AFN 110 TDI, and so is an MSA15 ECU rather than EDC15 which the ALH uses, but it does have CAN BUS so ought to integrate with a B6 without too much trouble. You'd need a Passat B5 or A6 C5 AFN harness to work with the ECU, and adapt it to suit the ALH connections, primarily the pump, although possibly others too (I don't know the ALH in detail).

I have one of these ECUs in my C5 A6 Quattro and it talks to the ESP just fine.