Replacing Inner 02J Bell Housing

Inverhyt

TDI
2005 Golf Mk4 GLS TDI
Hiyo!

I need to replace the inner bell housing on my TDI 02J transmission. I was wondering if I got a bell housing off of ebay or craigslist, what parts I would be able to take out of the old housing and move to the used one and what parts I would have to buy new.

And where could I get these new parts? Like I know I'll probably need a new bearing race for the differential but what else cannot be taken out and put into a different housing.

Thank you,
Inverhyt

Last edited:

Inverhyt

TDI
2005 Golf Mk4 GLS TDI
Gotcha,

If I get a normal 02J transmission from a 2.0 I can just change the 5th gear with mine from my TDI gearbox and it should work fine?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Inverhyt

TDI
2005 Golf Mk4 GLS TDI
I'm just trying to figure out how to make it work. TDIs are practically nonexistent around me, the last time I saw a TDI 02J transmission it went up for around $600 a month ago, to the best of my knowledge.

Ive got a budget of about $200 and I can find normal used 02Js all day for that. This is my daily and I'd like it working as fast as I can.

What other options are there for a cracked bellhousing?

Inverhyt

TDI
2005 Golf Mk4 GLS TDI
I'll see if I can but it broke off right at the threads

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Frans shipped me a good tranny and total was around 450. In you case job weld and tie into some other structure with a homemade brace?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Inverhyt

TDI
2005 Golf Mk4 GLS TDI
Frans shipped me a good tranny and total was around 450. In you case job weld and tie into some other structure with a homemade brace?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I'm gonna give it a go tig welding it back together. If that doesn't seem safe then I guess I'm getting in contact with Frans.