2011 Jetta TDI post fix Gen 1 engine

Cesar F.

TDI
2001 and 2011 Jetta Highline
Hi folks I tried looking for an open thread that talks about the performance of the post fix on Gen 1 engines but not successful. (If there is one please kindly post here, thanks in advance)
So it has been 1 week and 500kms ago that I am driving with the fix and I am soooooo disappointed with the power and sound that it makes (sounds like my MK4 running just with 3 cylinders, I am exaggerating I know just disappointed)
According to my Bully Watchdog system some numbers are very different like:
Before fix After fix
Load@60km/h in 4th gear: 60-65 40-45
Load when regen @idle: 90-100 70-75
Regen frequency : ≈250km @385km

EGT's are about the same when driving and when regen.
Maybe this thread is useless but just wanted to know for those who did the fix what do you think and is it worth getting a tune (thinking of stage 2 Malone using stock exhaust)
Fuel economy seems about the same but too early to tell because I haven't gone through 1tank yet and this needs to be determined after a few tanks to notice something (I have 1/2tank now which is normal for me @500km already driven in this 1st tank

Thank you all in advance!!!

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
It sounds like the generation 1/2 solution was wildly different than the generation 3 fix. I noticed almost no change in engine sound, the max power and acceleration is still there, and regens are less-frequent, but that's probably because I got a new DPF with the fix.

I did notice boost seems less aggressive starting out, like between 1400 and 1800rpm.

I considered a delete, but not until the warranty is expired.

Last edited:

Cesar F.

TDI
2001 and 2011 Jetta Highline
I guess I will hold off then it's stage 2 for sure. Even a friend of mine asked me why I was driving slower. Had to explain everything and he says he could tell with acceleration.
Thanks for the post