2011 170bhp tdi into caddy

smartuki

TDI
caddy transporter scirocco
well i have been driving it for three days , testing it hear an there .
i have a few odd problems .
one if i start it with the door shut, all is well an drives fine .
start it wit h door open as i shut it ,,, ping engine fault an engine light is on an limp mode ,,, but only falts are fan 1 an water pump 2 intermitent fault..

its fast , an not just a little bit , i mean really fast . i love it

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Lol I hate wiring, just finished putting electric windows and all that jazz in my golf and that was enough for me. My boot lid kept popping when I locked the car but I got the ccm all coded right now. :D

Need to hear the van take off and come back to see what it sounds like

smartuki

TDI
well the new rack is in an all working fine ,, god that hurt paying for that lol.
i had a bit of a rip earlyer an ( on closed roads obviously ) lol
really flys to 80 no problem ,
80 to 140 not bad ,,,still faster than my mates golf gti
140 to 157 seamed to take forever,,,,,,then it just felt as tho it could go faster but the airo dynamics of a wardrobe wer holding it back.
all d2 dataloging speeds not from speedo , that was reading 160 odd the last time i looked lol.

small mirrors next, then get the touran front on it , an drop it to the floor .

Last edited:

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
:eek:rite so i need a few bits to finish the project .
i need two pipes that run from the downpipe to a sensor on the left of rocer cover, dpf balance pipes i deleve .
so i go to vw , you will love this ,, if you want the two pipes that on the pic show they are not fixed , they bolt in . they have there own item number but only one part number . cool i think they must come togeter......... oh yeah they do £1700.00 ,, you can only get them with the dpf in the uk, no bolts ,no sensor ,no rubbers , nothing ( rhd )..
BUT,,,, for the same car in lhd £94.00 an they come with all the bolts an rubber pipes for fitting .
how can they do that to us ?
isnt it the same engine left to right hand drive ?? parked one next to the other an they look the same , pipes run the same route an everything .:eek:
Youve deleted the dpf, you dont need that sensor or the pipes.

smartuki

TDI
Youve deleted the dpf, you dont need that sensor or the pipes.
yes dpf deleted but without the sensor conected it just kept coming up on vag com, once fitted even thou not working its fine . very odd i know but thats what it was doing

smartuki

TDI
i have had a few probs with rear lights , once thats been sorted i will give it a full shake down an proper road test ( on closed roads ) an top speed run too .

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
yes dpf deleted but without the sensor conected it just kept coming up on vag com, once fitted even thou not working its fine . very odd i know but thats what it was doing
Did you have the dpf deleted with a tune? If so they have missed deleting the sensor.

smartuki

TDI
Did you have the dpf deleted with a tune? If so they have missed deleting the sensor.
yes i did , an that is a fair point but , when i go in a look at the sensor on the vagcom it says OFF , but im going to have it looked at as i have a problem .( see post )

smartuki

TDI
ok i have a small problem .
this is what happens , get in the car , shut the door ,key in the ignition an start all in under 5 sec , it starts then ping engine light comes up a seek workshop comand .

if i reset it all , get in an shut the door , pause for 10 secs it starts an drives fine , you can open close the door as often as you want to .

the faults that come up are the fans ,an the secondery electric water pump .

any idea ??? im well lost to say the least

Last edited:

smartuki

TDI
so i have sorted the problems i had . an we have messed about with the map , an played with the egr valve .
i keep getting a fault
1026 - EGR System
p0402 - 000 - excessive flow

any ideas ?? :rolleyes:

smartuki

TDI
so sitting hear bored ,i thought it was time to fit a few more bits in the serch for more power ,,,,like ya do.

so now we have a nice set up for water spray on to the intercooler ,,,coooooool .
now looking at a methanol / alcohol injection .

think its time for a Dr pepper

Last edited:

smartuki

TDI
no updates yet sorry , i now off to somalia for a few months now so it will be sat unused till my retern .
axel flip next along with another exhaust , i would like to make it a small bit quieter .

smartuki

TDI
now im back im looking to do a few more things .
bigger intercooler , bit more boost ,, see what happens .:eek:

then swap the front over to touran v2 sport

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
What turbo does it have ATM?

smartuki

TDI
atm im back to standard, while I shop about for another one , I was actuly going to come to you to see what you have on offer for the cr engine .
so if you could drop me a line on hear or on your face book.

I have been concentrating on making it look nice for the last few weeks but im looking to get turbo soon , maybe next week or so.

its looking sweet rite now that's for sure .

smartuki

TDI
looking goooooood

going for a gp look like the t5with the gloss black grills etc
slow but its all coming together now .

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Looks nice!

We are doing a bit of testing on the CR engines ATM, i've fitted 2260's to them but value per HP will be better with the ideas we have in mind!

smartuki

TDI
Looks nice!

We are doing a bit of testing on the CR engines ATM, i've fitted 2260's to them but value per HP will be better with the ideas we have in mind!
well if you need a car to test ;-) ;-) you know where I am

smartuki

TDI
so back to workshop for the final polish yesterday I thought it was good before ,, its really a outstanding job.
im beginning to think it may be too good to use everyday.

an then I look again an think heeeeeellllllllllllll yeaaaah

smartuki

TDI
so ive done a few things to the van in a the last few weeks ,, but not had much spare time .
rear leather seats now fitted , an the heated kit is hear for them too .
I fitted then to the genuine slide out so I can still pull them out in a flash.
ive fitted the remote start alarm , got a full pager system with the smart start so you can control it from your iphone.

just in case I hadn't seen enough wiring lol
remote start pager alarm with tracking

Dwinfield871

TDI
bls 1.9, 2.0 bmn
looking to do the same conversion on my van. but from a leon fr 170. what is the wiring like as it's the only part I feel I'll struggle with