97 Golf TDI swap Ahu

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
1986 audi 4000Q ALH SWAP in progress...
97 golf Tdi swap
I am considering moving on, turns out I do not really care for the mkiii chassis...
The motor and trans have 287k did t-belt @ 274k, at the time of the swap I did a 5 lug conversion.
RC3+ chipset running 18psi
Replaced
Tie rods
Ball joints
Control arm bushings TT rears poly fronts
Has bfi poly .5 motor mounts stock VR trans mount
Replaced rear beam bushings w/poly inserts
Rear wheel bearings
Stainless brake hoses at all corners
Has weitec coils
Power steering delete
drivers edition rear 60/40
At the moment it has a check engine for glowplugs ive replaced the harness, the glow plugs, checked all the fuses, i'm about the do the relay mod. It is registered as a diesel and inspected has ****ty rattle can paint job...
The shell has some rust underneath, it was previously repaired in a half assed manor...but over all not to bad...not a show worthy car but a good daily that returns 38-42 mpg in mixed driving.
I'm asking $2850.
Please do not hesitate to contact me, for more pictures or more info.
The ATS wheels are gone currently sits on 15" mkiv wheels with brand new snows.

Drtyeuro

Last edited:

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
A/C works great, also did heater core at the time of the swap. I have put just over 3500 miles on the car since 6/27. I have a b4 passat fuel tank I am going to attempt to install this weekend, not sure it will fit but figured the 18 gal tank would be nice.

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
The car also has euro rear bumper, new drivers axle, pass was refreshed at the time of the swap, cleaned, greased, and new boots.

Drtyeuro

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
Because I had some negative feed back on another forum I want to elaborate on the rust situation. The golf had like three holes smaller then my fist, a po patched them, I said it was a half assed job because poopy welds...drivers rocker and pinch weld are dented, typical dum asses with jacks, surface rust on pinch weld, surface rust on fender and quarter wells where they were rolled and not sealed.

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
I found something I would like to purchase, motivated seller reasonable offers will be considered.

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
Up, anyone interested, make an offer, great car I just want something else, 800+ views and no comments am I doing something wrong?