rear coil springs replace or use rubber spacers

vwluca

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta GLS
My wifes 2003 Jetta TDI has just received new front struts and coils. rear shocks are also new except coils. All ordered from a supplier name found reading this web site. As you might know, now the front end is slightly higher than the rear end. The car has 230000Km and just beautiful. Will keep another 2-3 years.
can't find rear coils (regular OEMs) anywhere.

Need advise, should I just insert rubber coil boosters on each side in-between the coils or will I have to go to the dealer.

Thanks for your help

Luc
Montreal, Canada

MrPolak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle TDI
Rubber coil "boosters" that insert between coils are crap. Don't use them. I did and never will again.

You may consider making spring spacers if that will work in a Jetta. I'll be replacing shocks this weekend on my Beetle, so I'll comment more then.

You can see what I did to my Vanagon to boost rear end height:

http://www.knology.net/~vw/vanagon/sag/

dieselt

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, 2000, green
I think you may find the bottom end of the rear springs are broken. Last time rear suspension worked on replaced both springs with station wagon springs doto stock springs being broken.
HERMTDI can give you more information on his findings.

MrPolak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle TDI
I did not get around to replacing my shocks on the Beetle this weekend, so I can't comment on spring spacers. I think I'll just crawl under my Beetle to check things out.