TDIFest 2009 Lost & Found

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Alrighty, it's that time... here's the place to list your lost and found items from this years fest.

once again, i've left the east coast, leaving something of mine behind....
I won 2 thin license plate frames in the raffle on sunday. Last seen on a pile of owned and claimed T-shirts in the registration room. Did anyone pick them up?

Figures... I finally win something, then i leave it behind. Trust me when i say i was very disappointed about it when i discovered I didn't have them when i got home. :( I'm such a putz.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
The really sad thing is we lost YOU to the West ....again....

So good to see you and YES we miss Zippy.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Zippy_car said:
Alrighty, it's that time... here's the place to list your lost and found items from this years fest.

once again, i've left the east coast, leaving something of mine behind....
PM me with the list of items in the pile - I believe I scooped up that whole pile and brought it home with the rest of the Fest stuff.

Better yet... COME TO NH to pick up yer stuff!;)

Sprockette

Sprocket's wife
TDI
2012 Golf w/Tech Package
Sprocket and I lost a bag of stuff. We are pretty sure it was tossed by the hotel staff since to them it may have looked like trash. But, we are hoping I dropped it somewhere and someone picked it up. It was all of the stuff we took out of the car to prepare for the show'n'shine. There were a few soda cans (being from Michigan, we don't throw these out) and a ton of napkins and road rally papers. The important things, however, are the registration and insurance for the car, a Tom Tom charger, a cord for our portable cooler, and all of Sprocket's house keys. This was all in a plastic shopping bag. We took this stuff out on Saturday night.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Sprockette... where did you leave that bag?

Zippy, if Julie can't find your plate frames, I might have them in my collection of items to mail out to people.

Sprockette

Sprocket's wife
TDI
2012 Golf w/Tech Package
VeeDubTDI said:
Sprockette... where did you leave that bag?
As far as we remember it was on the table in our room, or maybe the floor. That's what we recall, but, we are hoping I dropped it outside. We just ran upstairs to drop everything off and leave for dinner and then there was the movie and then up to the hang out room. so it was kinda late when we got back and I don't remember it again (not that we looked for it until we left). I had the magazine that was with it, though, so we are pretty sure it got tossed.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
if it was in your room and the cleaning people threw it out. shouldnt the hotel be responsible for that?

Sprockette

Sprocket's wife
TDI
2012 Golf w/Tech Package
Well, we can all stop wracking our brains to see if we remember this elusive bag (I am sure you all were, right? :p). Sprocket has spoken with the hotel and the cleaning person remembers throwing the napkins and soda cans away out of the bag (why she would go through a bag and do that is beyond me) so we know it was in the room. I am pretty sure she just ditched the whole thing and told him she only threw out the "trash" part. I don't think she would have looked through the pile to realize there was registration and insurance info in there and there were other papers as well. The hotel won't really do anything about it. None of the stuff was valuable, it is just an inconvenience to have to get new paperwork, power cords and keys (it's a really good thing I grabbed my house keys at the last second :D). The biggest problem is we don't remember what was in there until we go to look for it.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
PeterV said:
The really sad thing is we lost YOU to the West ....again....
Trust me when I say that as I landed in San Fransisco... I actually had no enthusiasm for arriving "home" or getting off the plane. :( I miss you guys.

Julie and Lawson, I think it's all set. Fred PM'd me. Julie, if you happen to find them in that pile -perhaps it can be a donation to a HO5G raffle (and I'll kick the replacement cash to Fred). :eek: Lawson, if you find it, toss it in a box for next years raffle items, I guess.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Sprockette, sorry you lost your bag of stuff. The hotel staff was pretty good about not cleaning up things that were not obviously trash... but with the language barrier, it's not a huge surprise if they threw out your bag since it had trash in it.

Zippy, hurry back! We miss you already!

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I had no troubles with understanding either Sprocket. Whatever Michigan accent "language barrier" you reference I had no trouble with.

Now, that creole french, or whatever, from Versailles.......

....not Versailles France, Versailles, KY :D

SnowWife

Veteran Member
TDI
E300 DT (sold), E320 CDI, Gassers
Zippy_car said:
Trust me when I say that as I landed in San Fransisco... I actually had no enthusiasm for arriving "home" or getting off the plane. :( I miss you guys.

Julie and Lawson, I think it's all set. Fred PM'd me. Julie, if you happen to find them in that pile -perhaps it can be a donation to a HO5G raffle (and I'll kick the replacement cash to Fred). :eek: Lawson, if you find it, toss it in a box for next years raffle items, I guess.
Ooh a HO5G raffle hmm? :D I'm game. Can we use the proceeds to fly Zippy in?

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
The frames that got backed to Ho5G are all the fat bottom ones. I don't think they are too useful in that area except on the front of a car.

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
SnowWife said:
Ooh a HO5G raffle hmm? :D I'm game. Can we use the proceeds to fly Zippy in?

YES!:D

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
You missed the point...it is we who are in need...of YOU!