So far so good..mostly

Hsr1232

TDI
2010 Jetta
hello all, I purchased my parents 2010 Jetta TDI with 137,500 on the clock approximately 2 months ago. It now has almost 140,000. I'm very happy so far. Just a few concerns ...the A/C take about 5-8 minutes to actually kick on. I noticed both fans do not turn on right away also. Secondly, the rear passenger side door doesn't close flush. Upon further inspection, I observed that the metal hinge attached to the frame is loose. Does anyone know what kind of tool to use to tighten the two nuts? Other then that I'm very happy. Not getting the 44 mpg my mother was..more like 35-37 (more city driving). Thanks Guys and Gals!

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
1) A/C - A common problem with the A/C unit on these cars is a failure of the RCV (Refrigerant Control Valve). VW will try to sell you a whole new compressor, but some competent shops can just replace the RCV for a lot less. Details here:http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=284611

2) The door bolts are probably XZN (triple square) head so you will need some XZN driver bits. They are kinda like Torx but with 12 splines instead of 6. VW likes these type bolts, if you plan on servicing your car, you will need a set of these bits. You can find them on Amazon or lots of other places.

Have Fun!

Don

Last edited:

Hsr1232

TDI
2010 Jetta
Thanks so much ! Does anyone know a shop in southeast PA? Or tri state area? Or themselves ...I can help with beer:)

TDIpilot4u

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
hello all, I purchased my parents 2010 Jetta TDI with 137,500 on the clock approximately 2 months ago. It now has almost 140,000. I'm very happy so far. Just a few concerns ...the A/C take about 5-8 minutes to actually kick on. I noticed both fans do not turn on right away also. Secondly, the rear passenger side door doesn't close flush. Upon further inspection, I observed that the metal hinge attached to the frame is loose. Does anyone know what kind of tool to use to tighten the two nuts? Other then that I'm very happy. Not getting the 44 mpg my mother was..more like 35-37 (more city driving). Thanks Guys and Gals!
Nice car :D! Your mpg's are pretty much what I see. Start cruising on the highway and you will see 44+. Just don't be surprised when it drops a bit when winter comes around. Figured I would ask since you bought the car...but your parents replaced the timing belt right?

Hsr1232

TDI
2010 Jetta
Yes, for some reason when VW replaced the fuel pump at 108,000 miles my parents elected to do the timing belt since it would be cheaper with labor. However, for some odd reason VW failed to change the water pump. So i just re-did the belt and pump. Found a great independent mechanic ..Roman from Hatboro , PA. Super fair pricing. - Thx

Sttb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat tdi, 2001 jetta tdi, 2002 golf tdi auto:(
Yes roman is the man. He really knows his stuff and has a ton of parts for sale at A decent price.