Any issues hooking up ccv?

panteramatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf
My car is extensively modded and was vented to atmosphere. Well at stops I could see a little smoke coming through the hood so I used the bmw cyclonic oil seperator. After reading about high pressures Im a little worried about seals and oil consumtion. So, should I worry about it with the high boost? Also I swear my car takes off better from a stop am I right about that?

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
I installed a man provent 200 on my car. I believe mine does have higher blowby. My provent has a return for oil to my oil pans drain plug port. Works like a champ.

Last edited:

dirtride

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
My provent has a return for oil to my oil pans drain plug port. Works like a champ.

This is an interesting idea. Ever have any oil leaks or oil level fluctuations with this? I assume oil level in the drain line is always the same as the sump, correct? I guess leaks in the hose would be the biggest concern.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
No leaks. I used Push-Loc hoses and fittings. Push loc is what race cars use for oil return lines so they are well proven and the fittings are JIC so no concern for leaks there. Yes the hose always has oil in it at the same as sump level. Ive had this setup for around 20k miles now without issue. Of course i have a belly pan and panzer plate to protect this setup thats why you see the blue hose is covered to prevent it from rubbing the pans.

Last edited:

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Exactly. Just take the hose side JIC fitting loose and remove hose. The fitting in the pan stays there and is undisturbed. So no need for new copper washer no need to ever worry about stripping pan threads by gorillia tightening the plug. Yes the provent is actually designed to be used this way with return to pan.
Reading material
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...5IKIDw&usg=AFQjCNHFK35xmU4Kr4coMDgz2SLvELmRuw

In ACTION
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...tZPQDQ&usg=AFQjCNESvC8sUv2cEYDWuD7xySHdNFGqTQ

Last edited:

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Panter....
Im sure high boost creates higher internal psi. Yes i believe it can push the oil out the ccv and be consumed. Hense my installing a Mann Provent 200 Catch Can. Hopefully that answered your question.

panteramatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf
Yea I saw the really thick nasty oil that was coming out of the elephant trunk and didnt want that going into my motor thats why I put the seperator on mine.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Ive seen oil in my elephant trunk in the past and it was normal oil. No nastieness at all. You may have another issue. What type/ brand oil you run?

panteramatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf
Couldnt it just be a fine mist of oil from the pressure coming from the ccv that accumulated over time and kinda dried out and got really thick?

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Oil doesnt Dry out like that. Burnt oil does however. If it is changing from a liquid to a gel type solid its been superheated.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
The fact that your car is tuned so much may make ur exhaust temps cook your turbo and your oil. ? Im just an industrial engineer not a scientist or oil engineer.

russman

TDI
02 Jetta summer 00 Jetta winter wife's 04 Jetta
I just installed my provent yesterday I was noticing quite a bit of blow by and didn't want to gum up the the fresh head. Some pictures to share if I can figure out how to ? I plan on making a custom bracket to permanently mount to oil filter housing, just zip tied for now .

russman

TDI
02 Jetta summer 00 Jetta winter wife's 04 Jetta
I have good shots having a hard time figuring out how to post here not the most tec savvy