CCV mod and 10,000 mile service. Worry?

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Hey folks -

Will the dealership care about the CCV mod, or should I put things back to stock?

If it matters, this is not the dealership where I bought the car. I'm using one that's closer and will provide better service (couldn't be worse, I think).

Thanks,

Jud.

DZLguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Jetta GLS TDI
I guess it depends on the dealer. Some dealers will question what else you're doing to the car if you mod anything, then question any warranty claims and possibly void them. Others are ok with just the ccv mod...the mechanic at my dealer actually recommends it.

Until you know for sure where they stand, remove it. When you're there, talk to the mechanic (not just the service manager/writer) and quiz him on it, saying you've heard of people modifying the ccv, and what his thoughts are. That'll soon tell you their stand on mods.

Bookerdog

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI - BLACK
I'd agree, on converting the mod back. It's not hard to revert. Also, if you're gonna be asking questions like this, I'd suggest removing or changing the "Where you're from" in your profile. We've had news of VW dealers and VWoA trolling these parts keeping an eye on who people are. Don't want to have anything on the board cost you a warantee claim.

tadc

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf GLS TDI, '01, Black
I had my car into the dealer for service with my CCV catch-can installed. They didn't seem suspicious of mods or abuse, they just asked me "what the heck is that thing??".

Of course it would have been much more inspiring of confidence in the service department if *someone* had been able to figure out what "that thing" was... seems that anybody with a smidge of TDI knowlege (or general diesel knowlege for that matter) should have been able to figure it out.