12/5/2003 12:23am - Post your temp.

duh

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle, 2000, Black
The Beetle is freezing! It's 10 below right now. (Saranac Lake has me beat reporting 11 below.)

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
35 here in Allendale, MI too. But I know its gunna get a lot colder /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Jason

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
[ QUOTE ]
duh said: The Beetle is freezing! It's 10 below right now. (Saranac Lake has me beat reporting 11 below.)

[/ QUOTE ]

__. Here in eastern North Carolina, it's about 19 below zero. We've had snow on the ground since 9th of August. They say the golf is good down here but you can only play for 5 weeks out of the year and you have to use the orange balls for 2 weeks of those. And I won't be able to drive my car for about 4 months because they only clear the roads when the tax assessors need to drive on them -- taxes down here are much higher than Westchester or Bergen county. And the beaches here are much tackier than the Jersey shore. You really wouldn't want to move down here -- stay up there where it's warm and cheap! And, we don't care *how* you did it up North!

troutguy

Veteran Member
18 here is Portsmouth, NH. Probably colder inland. By the way they are saying that we might get a good amount of snow this weekend.

time for bed now.

billmn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW stock:Totaled 2000 black Golf gls 315K : retired
31 currently, with snow. it will be down to about 20 overnight with a couple inches of snow for the commute in the morning /images/graemlins/mad.gif. I took the New car out for a spin (no not literally /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) tonight so I will know how it is going to handle the snow in the morning. I am realizing I need to replace the tires.

Bill

Blades

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS TDI
-23C /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Old A2 still starts #1 /images/graemlins/smile.gif
475 all the way /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Crank once, pull lever and bang, it starts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

zanzabar

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta BEW 5spd (dual duty track car and daily driver beater)
35 degrees here in lower michigan and I'm sweating my balls off. /images/graemlins/blush.gif God I miss the UP...Where's winter!? Bring on the snow!!

MaxThrust

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta
48º in the southeastern corner of Twosun, AZ, at 0010. I don't suspect it will get much colder, but maybe 44º before morning....maybe. It will top out about 75º today. I enjoy the snow, but don't miss my shovel, not one bit.

Mike /images/graemlins/cool.gif

recordgooves

Sioux Falls South Dakota US ....... Where Hell Fre
TDI
Jetta GLS TDI 2002 blk+blk lthr sunroof monsoon
It's not that bad today, 26F, N.W. 22MPH blowing wind=minus 14degree windchill, feels like 12F .....My TDI starts just fine 2second glow X2 w/defrost & heater full blast, after .9 mile w/out rpm's passing 1900, temp gauge is above 3bars and blowing hot air! /images/graemlins/smile.gif But the stock tires suck, cause my Nokian WR's are still on order. /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Ausfahrt

Potsdam, NY USA WAY up north in the BIG county!
TDI
03 Jetta Variant TDI Reflex Silver
[ QUOTE ]
duh said:
The Beetle is freezing! It's 10 below right now. (Saranac Lake has me beat reporting 11 below.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Whee-ha! Only got down to -4F here overnight, and it's up to a balmy -3 now (5:44EST). First subzero night... trying to do a trial of glowplug time vs temp. and night before last at 2F it was about 6 sec.

Saranac Lake's airport temp is always scary since the airport is out at Lake Clear. Usually 10F higher in "the city." /images/graemlins/smile.gif

slim

Veteran Member
TDI
Black, 2001 Jetta,Silver 2002 Jetta Auto.
It's 32F 6" of snow and getting higher. I had to drive home from work this morning on slick snow covered roads. I just put a new set of the Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 snow tires on two days ago. I drive on very hilly rural roads and never lost traction once. I was impressed to say the least. I will get a set for my wife's car when the weather clears. Now I have to shovel the driveway out.

GECKO 5

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Auto, Dark Blue
Well it was a balmy -18 here this morning at 5AM EST!!! ( -0.4 degree Fahrenheit). Glad i finished the garage this fall and i park in a heated underground for work!!!

Cheers,