Jack Stand location

rocky raccoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI. Sorry guys. I did search first. Where is a good point to locate jack stands for undercar work? I see the place on the pinch weld for locating a jack but where is a safe location for jack stands? My previous ride had a real chassis.

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT Pano (Sold), 2015 Golf S 4DR 6MT (Sold), 1999.5 Jetta TDI Tornado Red (Sold)
I use the pinch weld points for my jack stands, and I lift by the main "rails" of the chassis that are further in toward the center. I believe they have a plastic cover over them but I've always done it this way and haven't had a problem

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

MikeH31324

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 2 door 6MT
One thing I really enjoy while working on my Golf is you can jack each end from the center with a floor jack. The front end from under the aluminum subframe, and the Rear from under the rear suspension tubular subframe. Jack up the front in the middle, then insert a jack stand under each forward pinch weld point. Jack up rear under the tubular crossmember and insert a jack stand under each rear pinch weld. When lowering be sure to lower the rear first. If you lower the front with the rear still on jack stands you will not be able to remove the floor jack from under the car.