LED Bulb Group Buy for MK7s on GolfMK7 forum

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, 2016 GTI, 2015 TDI Sportwagen S
Mods, please move this if my placement is inappropriate.

Just a heads up to fellow TDIClubbers that deAutoLED is having a group buy on a Brake & Reverse LED bulb kit over on the GolfMK7 forum. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18676

I'm not affiliated with these folks but have read good things about their products so I got a set when I saw the deal. You would need to join the forum and send a PM for the pricing, but it only takes a moment. The group buy price is for the GTI, but they will make a package for other MK7 models if you ask. The deal ends on May 16th IIRC, I just ordered this morning.

I ordered the GTI kit and got a set of Osram reverse lights for the MK4 Jetta also, so I'll report back in after the install with utterly unbiased, amateurish and unscientific feedback on how much we like the results!

Happy hunting,
Kent

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, 2016 GTI, 2015 TDI Sportwagen S
Installed the LEDs in the MK7 last night, the difference in the reverse lights was easily apparent! The difference in the brake/taillights was more subtle but they are definitely brighter and "redder" than the stock bulbs. I am very happy with the results and would recommend these LEDs, especially the reverse light upgrade: my seat of the pants evaluation is that they double or more the effective distance that you can see behind you and the light quality (temperature?) enhances the camera view so things are clearer. They are not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for!