No Acc key position on TDI?

totitan

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagon TDI
Maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be a acc key position in the new JSW. Is this correct? Or am I missing something? Often when I'm pulling into my driveway I will be into something on the radio and have always shut down the old Titan, left the key on acc and finished listening to the program. When I try that in the JSW the radio turns off. What the f***?

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
Your radio shouldn't be shutting off when you turn the key off I don't think. You can walk out to your car right now and hit the power button the radio and it will come on. If it turns off just turn it back on by hitting the power button. No ACC position needed.

MKT

Veteran Member
TDI
Ford F250 6.0, wifey has 2012 Jetta TDI
I thought the same thing, where is the accessory position? Then learned the VW radio can be run for up to 30 minutes without any key, just hit the power button.

Now, if you do that and have finished listening and you switch the radio off, the radio will be off when you next start the car (it won't come on with the switch until you turn it on).

canux

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDI
Maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be a acc key position in the new JSW. Is this correct? Or am I missing something? Often when I'm pulling into my driveway I will be into something on the radio and have always shut down the old Titan, left the key on acc and finished listening to the program. When I try that in the JSW the radio turns off. What the f***?
You're looking for this thread:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=352523

totitan

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagon TDI
Your radio shouldn't be shutting off when you turn the key off I don't think. You can walk out to your car right now and hit the power button the radio and it will come on. If it turns off just turn it back on by hitting the power button. No ACC position needed.
It works! Thank you very much.