2003 VW Golf TDI Driver Seat Problems

TDI
2003 Volkswagen Golf
Hello all, my driver seat on my 2003 Golf TDI doesn't catch on the runners and therefore slides back and forth at will. I was wondering if anyone knew an easy way to fix this/the proper way to get the seat out.

Thanks, Matt

NegativeEd

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Dieselgate
Sounds like the spring under there came loose. Jack the seat all the way up and move it forward a bit. Grab a flash light & a pair of needle nose pliers... now for the tricky part, you'll need to pretty much get into the back seat astronaut style (head on the floor, feet in the air). Take a look under there. If you see a spring loose, or if you found it before you got back there, look at the passenger's seat as a reference and put that spring back in place.

I highly doubt it's broken. It could also be that something is jammed under there.

2jettasinthedrive

Veteran Member
TDI
01 TDI 02 Wagon
Its the locking pin. Push the seat all the way back, put ur head down front and locate the clip . pop the clip off and the pin will come out. Its all gummed up and wont retract. I put carb cleaner on a rag and wiped it clean and regreased it with vasaline.
Good luck