New custom boost gauge

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Is it just me or when you connect the dimmer wire the gauge is dimmer than if you don't connect it?
So, wire connected, lights off, dimmer switch doesn't do anything, but the display of the gauge is less powerful than with the wire connected and lights still off. If you flip the lights on, the gauge changes color and it's dimmer, which is normal.

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
WOW, that gauge looks EXCELLENT! Keep up the great work! Totally subscribing for more updates.

Nate242

TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI
After many years of use, the oled screen on my gauge has dimmed to the point that it was just about invisible in the daytime.

A couple weekends ago, I took the gauge out with the intention of finding the part number of the screen. It ended up being a UG-6028GDEBF01 which has since been discontinued. I found that they have a new model with the same form factor, etc under UG-6028GDEBF02. After a little internet searching I was able to find the newer rev screen here for ~ $20 shipped.

This morning I took the circuit board/screen assembly, and using a chipped Exacto blade like a chisel, carefully scraped the epoxy holding the assembly together until I was able to separate the parts.

To test the old/new screens to see if I had been successful, I hooked it back up in my car temporarily. Below are the before/after pics before I glue to whole assembly back together.

Old screen:

New screen:

Looking forward to being able to read the gauge again!

Hopefully this will be of use to anyone else that is still using this fantastic gauge with a dim screen. It was not easy to remove the parts from the plastic frame, so proceed with caution if you want to try this yourself...