first post: 2010 golf tdi and E30 FS

nonlethaldiesel

TDI
Golf
I was up in NH a few months ago with my recently purchased golf TDi filling up off route 3 when the guy on the other side of the pump applauded me for buying a diesel and highly recommended this forum. I found it a bit odd to be congratulated for owning a diesel, but now after a few more months with the car it's clear how unique of a driving experience a diesel is. Not to mention how amazing the gas mileage is when you play the roads right.

I look forward to getting involved and learning more about my mkVI golf tdi.

In the meantime it's time to say goodbye to my baby; AWD 1991 325iX coupe. It's the closest thing to a street legal snowmobile.
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=340756 < FS thread

akrievins

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI Comfortline - DSG
Nice clean looking Golf! Yes, diesel owners are pretty particular about their vehicles and fuel! There are a good bunch of people on here.

By the looks of your BMW, you take great care of your vehicles. I'm sure you'll enjoy the fuel economy of the Golf. About twice that of the BMW. Get a good set of winter on the golf, and it's a trooper in the snow as well.

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
YES congratulations, very nice looking Golf. The Diesel driving experience is great isn't it! Get some good snow tires (4) and enjoy.

newyorktdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
I love your E30! I've always wanted a facelifted coupe is model with a TDI engine dropped in.

nonlethaldiesel

TDI
Golf
Nice clean looking Golf! Yes, diesel owners are pretty particular about their vehicles and fuel! There are a good bunch of people on here.

By the looks of your BMW, you take great care of your vehicles. I'm sure you'll enjoy the fuel economy of the Golf. About twice that of the BMW. Get a good set of winter on the golf, and it's a trooper in the snow as well.
Thanks! And thanks for the reminder, I need to find some steelies before the snow hits, I've got a set of 16" snows with the car.

The mpg savings of my tdi vs the bmw is 2.5x; this thing practically pays for itself. No joke, especially with my 500mile weeks.

So far, on a warm day, I've been able to squeak 52mpg out of her on my commute home through the middle of flatland Connecticut. Coming out of the hills of VT last weekend, I wasn't even paying attention, but ended up flirting with 60mpg for the first 30miles.

MPG was one draw to owning a diesel, the other, torque
. I used to play with classic 2.3L saab 9000 and 900 turbos, and I thought the long stroke of those were impressive. Man this diesel rips hard down low!