OEM VW LED License Plate Lights

jaredaggie

TDI
2000 ALH, Black, 5M; 2013 Passat TDI 2.0 6MT
Has anyone tried these on there b7?

There are cheaper places to get them, this was just a good image to use. It looks like in older cars using LED's without a resistor caused a "lamp out" warning but per vortex and others some newer CAN vehicles can have that warning turned off.

I like the clean look of LED lights, can't believe VW isn't putting them on stock.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
There is a check box in VCDS for LED plate lights so the lamp monitor doesn't throw an error.

jaredaggie

TDI
2000 ALH, Black, 5M; 2013 Passat TDI 2.0 6MT
I will give you a few options: The cheapest I've found is from impex, at a significant savings over other sellers. There are three revisions to these OEM LED assemblies, A, B and C. The part number is 1K8 943 021 (a,b, or c)

Impex has the A revision for only $15.51/assembly http://www.worldimpex.com/search_by_partno.html?searchmode=partno&partno=1K8943021&x=27&y=6

ECSTuning has the identical part that is badged as a Porche part, for $26, and it appears to be the C revision. It looks identical in every way, and has the same part number. http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/1K8_943_021_C/ES2217929/

1stvwparts has the C revision for $44.29 https://www.1stvwparts.com/partscat.html Enter "1K8943021C" in part number search.

I have read that some cars will still throw a error even if the box is changed w/ VCDS. If someone who actually has their car already were to remove a bulb and try to see if it throws a bulb would that tell us if it works? From what others have said, these put out the perfect amount of light, and aren't too over the top like some of the aftermarket ones out there. I just want an OEM look.

Jared

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Looks like I'll be ordering two from Impex when I get paid!

We can hook up VCDS later and see if the lamp monitor can be defeated for the tag lights via the check box. Too hot to do it now... 102F in the shade.

CNNPress

TDI
12 Passat TDi
Looks like I'll be ordering two from Impex when I get paid!

We can hook up VCDS later and see if the lamp monitor can be defeated for the tag lights via the check box. Too hot to do it now... 102F in the shade.

From my understanding, the one sold on WorldImpex is not for the LED, and it comes without a bulb.

Coffeemade

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat TDI SEL Prem
VeeDubTDI let me know when you get them as i am interested in this, but this is very minor on my radar as I would like to finish some other things I've started first ;-)