Guages

abbyfireguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf,2002,black
Any preferance as far as guages for EGT and Boost...I have autometer on my Dodge diesel and have no buzzing as VDO seems to have...
I am leaning towards Auto meter but am open to suggestions...

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Give Joe and Leigh-anne a shout as they are now selling gauges at JSP. If I'd known that, I would have bought a set from them for the Variant, instead of going used, although I have to say the seller did a fantastic job of packaging these things up!

abbyfireguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf,2002,black
Thanks Ed ,,I was in there yesterday and talked to them...I just don't want a noisy boost guage thats all...
Did you go with the dual column mount or ????
Your Bora looks hot just waiting there for you,,,I'll have to take it for a spin tomorrow when I'm getting the new Magnaflow installed..NOT!!:eek:

fishmando

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5 spd
I have autometer Cobalt 2 gauges and the are great. Click the link in my sig for more info.

I need to get a regulator/restrictor for my boost gauge though... It ticks. Any sugestions? (sorry about the hijack!)

Morse

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Beetle, 05 cummins (8,040 pounds-13.47 quarter mile), Dodge half ton cummins (nines on the way)
I found my best deal on autometer cobalt gauges at Egauges.com .. For a 2000 degree EGT, and 35 psi boost gauge. I shopped prices on ebay, and then called them. After shipping was included, they were cheaper than the best price I found on ebay. They made an effort to earn my business.. Just tell them the best prices you have, and they will beat them..

petger

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 6spd, 2010, Blue
That should change the gauge world a bit! Prices will come down.

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
I really really REALLY want a triple gauge setup on my dash. My ideal situation would be to have a triple mount secured to the dash, with three standard pods attached which are on a ball joint so I can swivel and aim up and right toward me in the driver's seat. I would use my existing boost gauge and go for Racetech oil pressure / temp combined gauge and a fuel temp gauge. God knows where I can find the pods though, as I've tried looking everywhere for the type I really need...

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I'm wondering if the gauge setup can be played with so you can have 3 gauges and a couple digital number gauages on the edges. I plan to call on monday and learn more. This would be the gauges I use for my TDI Corrado since I hate the MK4 cluster and how it fits in the corrado dash