March 2018 Report Regarding Branded Title Claims

hiromiH

TDI
2011 Jetta
Does anyone have experience with Reconstructed/Rebuilt titles and the eligibility?
According to this March 2018 Report starting on page 41, it sounds like if a vehicle was deemed salvage and then was issued a reconstructed or rebuilt title AFTER September 18th, 2015 but BEFORE February 26th, 2018 and all other requirements were met then it should be eligible for the buyback.
https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/w...port-of-the-Independent-Claims-Supervisor.pdf
Am I reading this right?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
That thread may have started in 2017, but its very active. It also has the March and May reports included in it.

hiromiH

TDI
2011 Jetta
That thread may have started in 2017, but its very active. It also has the March and May reports included in it.
The last post in that thread was from May 10th, 2017. I just assumed a March 2018 report might have some new insight but clearly, despite the new report and new language, this topic has been exhausted?

hiromiH

TDI
2011 Jetta
Also, thanks for your input but I'm having a hard time finding that 2018 link in the 2017 thread you are talking about. The report I'm referring to is from March 2018 and my question is regarding language about rebuilt titles as revised in this report. Legal docs are hard to decipher so I was hoping someone here might have some opinion about this new (as of March 2018) report. It starts on page 41. My question begins on page 41 of this March 2018 doc: https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/w...port-of-the-Independent-Claims-Supervisor.pdf

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
You'll want to revisit that thread. It is 101 pages long, with the latest post being yesterday.