2015 GolfSportWagon...Turbo Upgrade?

roco22

TDI
GOLF Wagon 2015 TDI
Picked up a 2015 Golf Wagon (19k miles) with coin from VW Dieselgate .
Had Malone Stage II and Rawtek (delete all) package installed.
Car more responsive and fun to drive.:)
Had a larger turbo on previous 2010 TDI....
Is there a reliable Turbo upgrade for the 2015 Golf 2.0?
Thanks....

roco22

TDI
GOLF Wagon 2015 TDI
Perhaps the question was not clear....

Is there a reliable Turbo upgrade for the 2015 Golf ?

Garrett?

Bueller, Bueller....

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
There are a lot of options available.
It all depends on your power goal.
Maybe it would help if you wrote exactly what are you looking for 250-300hp?
This cyl head should be the latest model so it should have a good flow.

81-1.6

TDI
06 Jetta TDI PD
go to kermatdi.com they have a Garrett cr190 upgrade plug and play turbo. Or do like I did to my 06 BRM and do an all out custom setup with a Garrett 2256v. Its a lot of work and a lotta fun :) If your doing a custom setup your options are unlimited

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
biggest thing with a big turbo on the '15s is tuning, it seemed like boost creap was an issue with the CR190 turbo to get max numbers.

Touch base with Malone before dropping coin on a turbo, while some may say the turbo is plug and play, the turning may require more logs and back and forth.

Also do some reading, great '15 build right here, seems he was able to get GTD1752vrk to work nicely.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=475589

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
biggest thing with a big turbo on the '15s is tuning, it seemed like boost creap was an issue with the CR190 turbo to get max numbers.

Not for every tuner. ;)

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Have a GTD1449vz xman hybrid mk7 in at the moment, making really solid power and worked out of the box on a standard stage 2 tune. That would be my upgrade path personally shy of a big turbo setup.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
CR190 (GTD1449vz) is plug and play to an extent. You just need the euro version TIP and outlet damper.

Owain, can you share more specifics on the hybrid turbo? If it's staying at 49mm I imagine just a different blade design to address creep?? Edit: I see on his page a 56mm compressor. Very nice!

Roco, you have a manual transmission or DSG?

Last edited:

roco22

TDI
GOLF Wagon 2015 TDI
AARod in Atl said the same...as I understood, I could be wrong.

Waiting for the proper Tune for the 15 w/CR190.

Was hoping something new may have surfaced.

THX to all...

Owain@malonetuning

TDI
PD jetta wagon
Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Lol there is no lag with 56mm hybrid.
A friend tested a few days ago a 2060 with stock map and was doing 1.5 bar @2000rpm . There is no lag if turbo is set correctly.

Also there is no need for logs and turbo adjustments..If voltages are right and VNT properly set. A well made turbo even if bigger will work great.

Owain@malonetuning

TDI
PD jetta wagon
If voltages are right and VNT properly set. A well made turbo even if bigger will work great.
For sure, that's a big IF though for some turbos, so it's best to check, makes tuning a lot easier knowing the voltage sweep. Can't imagine putting that amount of time and money into doing up a build and then neglecting to check if it's running well.

Will send you some dyno graphs Greg, you'll definitely want bigger than the hybrid turbo, it's running out of breath by 4000 @ 1.9 bar, still very small for your use. There was no drop in bottom end torque with the hybrid, it made another 30-40lb-ft through the entire rev range and just amplified existing #s. Ideal for a daily driver, EGTs would be restrictive for high RPM race use since it's still a small turbo, 2060 seems to be about ideal there.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
By the end of february you will see a plug and play turbo for 2009-2018 cars for 270-280hp, vnt well set and perfect voltages..
Just mount and tune, no time wasting for the tuners.

rudygetz

TDI
none
By the end of february you will see a plug and play turbo for 2009-2018 cars for 270-280hp, vnt well set and perfect voltages..
Just mount and tune, no time wasting for the tuners.
Who will be providing this? 270hp?? Link to dyno's or more info on this?

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
After the tests i will be putting it on dyno and see how it goes but i am confident.
Just have some patience. I am waiting for the manifolds to arrive from producer.
Malone can tune it for you in US.

rudygetz

TDI
none
After the tests i will be putting it on dyno and see how it goes but i am confident.
Just have some patience. I am waiting for the manifolds to arrive from producer.
Malone can tune it for you in US.
Assuming you don't "step on it" what will these upgrades do to gas mileage?

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
There is not a bad impact on fuel consumption if you use it normal, highway use.
It will only consume fuel if you use the extra power.
My car consumes less than before tuning if i drive it civilized (like a stock car)