Some questions..my 2010 Gold

sagiboy

TDI
GOLF TDI 2010
Some questions..my 2010 Golf TDI

My android phone Epic 4G after connected to the Bluetooth freezes after I disconnect a call. The display screen on my car show 'Telephone' and stays there long after the phone is disconnected. I have to manually turn off the Bluetooth on my phone, to listen to my radio or satellite. Has anyone elese had this problem??? How do I fix it..??
Also, when I start my car and try to put it in reverse gear( I have stick shift)the lever is soo tight..I can move it but I fear I might break it. So I try to put it in 1st gear, and then move it an inch or so and then immediately put it in reverse gear. Is it OK for me to do that???
Finally, whenever I release the clutch immediately in 2nd gear, my car jerks forward...I know little bit of jerk is normal but mine does a lot. For this reason I release the clutch slowly, and its kinda dangerous on highways (as I merge). I fear its going to wear my clutch plate out sooner too...
By the way I love my Golf. Its so much more fun to drive than my wife's 2011 Maxima.....!!!!

Last edited:

meowguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW, 2012 Passat TDI SE
My android phone Epic 4G after connected to the Bluetooth freezes after I disconnect a call. The display screen on my car show 'Telephone' and stays there long after the phone is disconnected.
You would be better off asking about one problem at a time.

As far as the first item is concerned;
1. Is this your first try with this phone and this car?
2. If yes to 1, you are probably out of luck. I had no luck with Android and BT in Jetta with Skoda BT.
3. If no to 1, clear the phone from the car, clear the car from the phone, turn off BT on the phone. Power off and then On the phone. Power up Blue Tooth on the phone, and try to pair again. If that does not work, you are really out of luck.

There is just one possible thing that might help you. When the phone asks permission to transfer the phone books to the car, respond with No. (If this feature is included on your car.)

As far as the gear shift and clutch are concerned....are you still in warranty?

Last edited: