AHF (110hp) software in AGR (90hp) ECU. Will that work?

RomSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Porsche Cayenne
Hi everyone.
I’m planning to replace a stock wastgate turbo GT15 and 0.180 nozzles with VNT17 and 0.205 nozzles that come in AHF engine. Mechanically, these two engines are the same except for turbos and nozzles. In addition, I'm planning to use chipped AHF software flashed into AGR ECU. The question is will this combination work? Or is it better to adjust the stock software to the new turbo and nozzles?
Another question is will 0,216 nozzles work smoke-free in a combination with VNT17? Unfortunately, here in Eastern Europe we don't have PP520 or other Bosio nozzles, only Bosch available.
Thank you.

Last edited:

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
my 110 i think uses the vnt 15 not 17 i think the 6 speed 130bhp uses the vn17 , i think my 110 and your 90bhp are pretty much the same engine turbo not sure about the nozzles but i think the only difference were different engine maps i may be wrong im still learning about my own engine:)

and we dont have bosio in the uk but we do still have an international postal service
well actually we use the american u.p.s as theres is much better, ours is crap;)

Last edited:

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
VNT15 and GT1749V are almost the same turbo. No real difference between them.

I wouldnt try to use the software thats ment for different ECU. You might be able to swap the ECUs and get it work tough. On older cars you can and newer you need to get the IMMO deleted.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Euro 110hp = vnt15 + .205's nozzles
US/Can 90hp A3-B4/mk3 golf/Passat = Gt15 or kkk + .184 nozzles
US/Can 90hp A4 = vnt15 + .184 nozzles.

130pd = vnt17va
150pd = vnt17vb

Quote........Cog
and we dont have bosio in the uk but we do still have an international postal service

You do realise don't you that Bosio make injection nozzles are are not carriers

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
I've heard from people that asv software would drive better than alh, why I don't know, but it happened that today I flashed both an ASV and an ALH, and the software doesn't seems to be the same, maps are in different locations/different sizes, the alh one had 2 mapsets, asv had only 1 mapset..

But if the checks is good you can just flash it :D if it's different and you flash it you can go soldering..

RomSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Porsche Cayenne
Alright, thank you guys.
That clarifies much.
Here are some more questions. What Bosch nozzles have the same characteristics as PP520's?
And do I need a new manifold if I decide to install 1749VA or VB?. My current one is separate from the turbo.

Last edited:

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Its been said that the Bosch B.205's are close to them although the PP's are supposed to give a little more fuel flow/power.

RomSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Porsche Cayenne
And bosch 0.205 for some reason are more expensive, aren't they?

RomSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Porsche Cayenne
Well. It's pretty ridiculous to me that we have to ship Bosio nozzles from the US to Europe, while they are being produced here in Europe.

RomSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Porsche Cayenne
Oh, did it? If so, may be I can buy your 0.205's if they have low miles on them? )

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
RomSL said:
Well. It's pretty ridiculous to me that we have to ship Bosio nozzles from the US to Europe, while they are being produced here in Europe.
Let me just set you straight on bosio nozzles..........there are plenty of diesel shops some of which are indepedant Bosch agents that stock Bosio nozzles orbeit in standard oem sizes or there abouts............and most of these businesses are not interested in stocking or selling oversized Bosio nozzles or any oversized racing versions for that matter and like to setup up vehicles / ip oem only!!

Bosio do sell to a few destributors around the world Kerma being one of them but there are others! there are also other manufactures in Europe who also make oem style Bosch nozzles plus race/high flow versions and which are also of high quality.:rolleyes:

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
cog said:
so am i even upgrading then if my 110 has 205 nozzles already and kerma supplieid me with pp520s:confused:
If your motor had quite high miles on it/them then changing them for what you bought may have bagged you some more power and at worst would have output less emissions/smoke etc..........does your motor smoke more or less with the PP520's in and if it does give more smoke output have you done a hammer-mod or vag-com adjustment.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
RomSL said:
Alright, thank you guys.
That clarifies much.
Here are some more questions. What Bosch nozzles have the same characteristics as PP520's?
And do I need a new manifold if I decide to install 1749VA or VB?. My current one is separate from the turbo.
If you have the AFN style manifold a gt1749VA from audi/passat is bolt on..

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
mojogoes said:
If your motor had quite high miles on it/them then changing them for what you bought may have bagged you some more power and at worst would have output less emissions/smoke etc..........does your motor smoke more or less with the PP520's in and if it does give more smoke output have you done a hammer-mod or vag-com adjustment.
wel firstly im waiting for a clutch before i put them in and secondly no my motor doesnt really smoke at all no mods done other than a decent tunning box which was on when i got it but it does have just over 100k on the clock should i have gone for the 764s

RomSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Porsche Cayenne
Rub87 said:
If you have the AFN style manifold
No, it's definitely not. As I said, the manifold and the turbo are sepatare, while AFN, as far as I know, has the turbo and the manifold in one piece. Or I'm incorrect?

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
cog said:
wel firstly im waiting for a clutch before i put them in and secondly no my motor doesnt really smoke at all no mods done other than a decent tunning box which was on when i got it but it does have just over 100k on the clock should i have gone for the 764s
For sure yes........and instead of a remap you can probably get away with either a vag-com adjustment and if there isn't enough adjustment in doing so then a hammer-mod if you have too much smoke or what is known as "slow down shudder" e.g = too much fuel= iq.

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Passat and Audi AFN engines do have a seperate exhaust manifold that is a direct bolt on for Passat PD130 turbo with a seperate manifold.

RomSL said:
No, it's definitely not. As I said, the manifold and the turbo are sepatare, while AFN, as far as I know, has the turbo and the manifold in one piece. Or I'm incorrect?

RomSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Porsche Cayenne
So, if I find a turbo from Passat/Audi A4, Skoda Superb PD130 will it be a direct bolt on upgrade for AGR engine?

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
No. A Golf version with integrated manifold is easier, but you would still need to redo exhaust and some intake piping.