Plug-in Tuning Boxes

MT-2013MK7

TDI
2013 Golf
Anyone here in the U.S. have any feedback on their long-term use of these "plug-in" tuning boxes, such as DTUK, TDI-Tuning, and Bluespark?

I've been scouring the different forums in the past months, but I don't see any user reviews on their long-term use of this equipment. I am hoping to have feedback from those who have been using these boxes for around a year, or 8,000+ miles. I would also like to know of your experience, if any, with customer service from these companies.

Has the use of your tuning box caused any issues with your DPF or if there have been any other issues that can be tied to the use of this box?

I am looking for a less-costly alternative to a full-on ECU remap. I've also came across some info that Golf TDIs that were manufactured post 2013 cannot have their ECU remapped.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Ita not true, theycan be mapped. After 2010most edc17 ecus were tricore and are locked to readtrough obd port. They can be still read on bench but need oppening up to do so! If you can save a bit and go for the remap...

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
And both US/Canadian tuners can access the US Common Rail 2.0 TDIs 09-15 without issues.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Euro and US engines are different, tuning boxes for euro market don't typically work right in us models, but they'll be happy to take your money.

All newer German made diesels in NA can be port flashed, excluding Mercedes, they're all ID files but that's referenced to a database. alientech will download and save the stock files automatically if the tool is up to date, and that supports everything but edc17cp09 in 09-13 M57.

Last edited:

bbexotics

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat,2006 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon, 2017 Cayman S
Have used tuning boxes, the only true and good ones are the digi, PSI, and Van Aaken. They will give you an honest 20-25 more HP. Easy to hook up and remove. The other cheap ones are junk.