Another forum where people discuss this stuff.

christi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Peugeot 806, 607
Due to the British Government using enviromental concerns as an excuse to add more and more tax to petrol and diesel, we now have (I think) the most expensive diesel, and nearly the most expensive petrol in the world.

As a result a backlash has started, and a new campaign, boycott-the-pumps

It has a forum, and there are some interesting points being made there. For example how little impact the car has on greenhouse gases, and comparisons with emissions from public transport etc.

The url is http://boycott-the-pumps.com/forum/

------------------
1996 Passat Tdi estate (wagon (variant))
See my Peugeot / Passat site

cars wanted

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS-TDI, 2000, white/beige
Only problem is, if you "boycott the pumps", how do you get around? Getting drivers out of cars and into public transports would overwhelm the transit system, I would think.

Dante

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2000 Golf GLS TDI
If I was confident it wouldnt hurt my motor, I'd make diesel from fryer grease, lye and methanol. I'm just not that confident inmy chemistry skills or the ability of a TDI to digest home-brew biodiesel. I guess I could have bought an old indirect injection Rabbit.

christi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Peugeot 806, 607
We are only boycotting the pumps on Mondays.

I don't know whether it will work, but it sure is publicising how unpopular the fuel prices are here.

At least the government must now realise that most of us voters don't agree with the green lunies.

------------------
1996 Passat Tdi estate (wagon (variant))
See my Peugeot / Passat site