B4 Throttle issue 00777

gboss

TDI
(2)1997 Passat, 2014 Golf
Hello,

Hoping someone can offer some insight.

I'm working on tracking down a 00777 Accelerator Position Sensor G79 27-10 Implausible Signal Intermittent code on a 97B4. The throttle goes from ~4% to 100% correctly when actuated as measured in the vag com measuring blocks for the ECU. ECU is seeing both brake switches correctly as well.

I see the 3 wires for the POT, brown, blue, and white pins 1,2, and 3. I presume these are working because I see the field in vag-com.

What is the function of the yellow, green, and gray wires, pins 4,5,6? Is an issue here able to cause the 00777 code? What voltages should I expect if things are working correctly? I believe that 6 is supposed to go to instrumentation ground. 4 and 5 are zero position contacts?

Thanks in advance!

CasaEd

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Passat TDi B4, VW Passat TDi B4 GL, VW Passat B3 PD AWX Conversion
4,5 and 6 are the Accel pedal postion switches, 6 & 4 are the postion, i.e on idle, off idle and 6 & 5 is the kick down switch for automatic gearboxes, I don't know the test data for that ECU, but for ASZ PD the info is:-Kick down switch, Ign on Pedal Released 5v, Pedal pressed 0v, APP Switch, Ign on Pedal Released 0.2v, Pedal pressed 5v, I would imagine yours would be more or less the same as that pedal works with the PD ECU